DK 45 SE HST Temperature Gauge

/ DK 45 SE HST Temperature Gauge #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
Had a bit of a strange thing happen this morning -

Started the tractor to warm up so I could do a couple of tasks - it was -15C here. (Around Zero F)
It started easily and I let it run for 15 - 20 minutes
Temp reading had come up to almost normal.

Started first task and temp gauge went back down to 'C' at the left
Seemed to be registering a very small amount of heat but, even with increased RPM, it did not come back up.

Shut down the tractor and checked rad level - down about a quart.
Topped rad up with 50/50 mix and restarted.
Still no heat registering on temp gauge after 10 minutes.
Also no sign of leaks or drops of fluid on the snow where the tractor had been running.
Shut down again and came to TBN for help.

Saw some CK 30 posts on faulty Temp Gauge where it was a bad sensor or wonky connection.

Went to put tractor in the barn (had to go into town) and after about 5 minutes the gauge started to climb - came right up to normal.

A bit disconcerting but I am hopeful it may be just a connection.

Appreciate any direction (and photos) on exactly where to look and what to look for on the DK 45 SE HST to determine why this might have happened and what I need to check and fix.

Thanks
Bob

/ DK 45 SE HST Temperature Gauge #2  
Sounds like a loose connection either at sending unit or gauge connection, I would check sending unit first, remoce wire and reinstall, if that don't do it check under dash where it connects to back of gauge.

Enclosed layout of sensors attached, #26 is where your sending unit is located.

Good Luck

Attachments

• Kioti.jpg
    Kioti.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 485
   / DK 45 SE HST Temperature Gauge #3  
HMMM. and what would safety switch # 6 be?

/ DK 45 SE HST Temperature Gauge #5  
Sounds like it could be a harness plug. Condensation gets in the plugs and causes some mysterious readings at times. Especially with temperature swings. It may dry out on it's own and start acting normal. Otherwise, it would be a good idea to disconnect the main harness plugs, blow them out, and add a little di-electric grease.

Hope this helps.

/ DK 45 SE HST Temperature Gauge #6  
I just picked up a 2007 ck20 hst last week. It was difficult finding a decent used tractor near Seattle, meaning I missed a few things during inspection like either I have the same temp gauge problem or it was not working when I bought it. Also all my lights don't work, the hazard and turn signal work on the instrument panel but not at the lights or headlight. I need to get manuals, any suggestions on a source ?