Front Differential question / Engine belt question

/ Front Differential question / Engine belt question #1  

nvip9r

Tractor
Kioti CK30
I was doing the basic oil/filter change on the CK30 this weekend. And have a question in regards of the Front Differential sight glass on the front axle. Is the fluid supposed to be up to the bottom of the glass or should it be like 1/2 way up the glass so you can actually see it? I just don't want to screw up or have it under filled or even over filled.

Second question, does anyone know what the type of belt for the 2005 CK30, size, length? Mine is at its limit and can't adjust it any more out, and it is squealing some, figured could go to the one size smaller, but wanted to know the size and type it should be.

thanks

/ Front Differential question / Engine belt question #2  
I keep mine at the halfway point. That way you know if it's low or to high and I assumed that was what the red dot in the middle was for. You didn't say if you were changing the front axle oil. If you are then don't forget to fill, drive it a 100 yards or so , and then recheck. It will show low and need more. Air pockets must escape from somewhere. I don't know about the belt. I am still running the original belt on my "05 CK30 with room to still adjust.

/ Front Differential question / Engine belt question
Sorry...wasn't changing the fluid in the front differential...just noticed I could not see it in the site glass...I wasn't sure if I should add some to make it in the middle. I kind of figured that is where it shoudl be...at least on my motorcycle you fill the oil/brake fluids to the middle of the site glass...

I did not see any little red dot...will look a little closer.

I will take the belt off and run it too my local tractor place and see what they say...except they are not a Kioti dealership... :(

/ Front Differential question / Engine belt question #4  
If the fluid is in the sight glass that is good. I typically check the amount with the axle level and increase oil to half full of the glass.

Belt - $8.00ish from your local KIOTI dealer. The parts net does not show a length. I supply KIOTI belts.

Tony