Problems starting

/ Problems starting #1  

dogday

I turn the key and nothing happens, no glow plugs, nothing. After wiggling and jiggling the key a while the glow plugs will come on but the engine wont turn over. Have to play with the key more and then the engine will finally start but will turn off as soon as I let go of the key. After about 15 minutes of this wiggling jiggling act it finally stays running. Thinking it is a corrosion or ignition problem. Would like some help in this matter.

/ Problems starting #2  
My cure-all for that is WD-40!

Had same trouble with my tractor a while back and tried the WD40 trick, sprayed some into the key hole and VOILA-- cleared up the problem.

Later examination proved that the lubes in the switch were all dried up and caked and the WD sort-a disolved the dry lube making fo good contact.

Hope it works as well for U.

/ Problems starting #3  
I had the same problem with my DK 35 !
I tried spraying in contact cleaner ,then WD 40 then it worked but I still had to move the key around just right for it to work!
I did also slamed my knee in to the key one time driving thru the woods I hit a big bump witch may not of helped it!
I had to replace the switch it cost $85 I think.
Good luck,hopefully good ole WD 40 does the trick for you.

/ Problems starting #4  
As stated, WD-40.

Also try putting dielectric grease on the key before insertion!:D

/ Problems starting #5  
The key switch is serviceable remove it take it apart clean it with Scotch Brite wipe the copper disk with Molly grease and wipe off reassemble.

/ Problems starting #6  
WD 40is good but it has a lot of alcohol in it and will evaporate use WD40 as a cleaner then get a good electric contact spray this should fix it-- if not new switch -- but if the spring in your switch is good this should work :D