Cold start

/ Cold start #1  

SABULA FARMER

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335SST
Hello all...I am just fishing here to find some opinions. I have a 2010 Bobcat CT335, love it by the way, and its basically a Kioti. Are the DK's hard starting and are the engines loud...? As in do they rap until they get warm? I have tons of power but boy is that baby loud when u first start it in 15 degree temps!

/ Cold start #2  
Yes they sound like a bag of hammers when they're cold.

You should hear our old Ford Powerstroke start at -20. It is not a happy sound.

/ Cold start #3  
Hello all...I am just fishing here to find some opinions. I have a 2010 Bobcat CT335, love it by the way, and its basically a Kioti. Are the DK's hard starting and are the engines loud...? As in do they rap until they get warm? I have tons of power but boy is that baby loud when u first start it in 15 degree temps!
My DK starts OK in the cold as long as the glow plugs are working.
Makes all kinds of noise/rapping till it warms up.

Last edited:
   / Cold start #4  
My 335 is also loud when started in cold weather, nothing to be worried about. Working around large coal mining equipment all my life, diesels starting in the cold making noise is normal!!

/ Cold start #5  
Block heater or heated shop makes a world of difference.

/ Cold start #6  
If I cycle the glow plugs on my DK35 several times before I start in cold weather it starts like "butter". I don't think it's very loud but then my wife tells me my hearing ain't worth a darn.

/ Cold start #7  
but then my wife tells me my hearing ain't worth a darn.

WOW.. My wife says the same thing to me!.. Atleast I think thats what she was saying.. I really wasn't paying attention!!. :laughing::laughing:

/ Cold start #8  
my only problem has been bad battery till yesterday. got so cold the starter clicks a bunch and no turn over. but then again all of my vechicles didnt start yesterday so im chakling it up to it was colder then the weaterh ppl say.

/ Cold start #9  
Yes they do make a loud knocking noise until they warm up. I let my CK35 warm up for ten minutes before using it.

/ Cold start #10  
I walk away from mine after starting. Noise doesn't bother me at all.:D