Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    kioti ck25

Default engine rpm problem

I own and operate a kiot ck25 tractor. For 3 years it has run perfect. But after the last fueling, the engine will not go above 1600 rpm. The tractor starts good, The A-B lever is in nuetral, it runs good in idle, I have good hydraulics, I checked the fuses(all good), The tractor will drive in all gears good, but cant obviously gain speed because of the fact that it will not accelerate above 1600 rpm. I changed the fuel filter, checked all other fluids(all good) bleed the fuel system as per the operator manuel. I am at a dead end, and the snow is coming with plow jobs soon to be backed up. anyone with a possible solution? need help.

Platinum Member

Default Re: engine rpm problem

Jason, I know nothing about Kioti. Here's my 2 cents. Many JD compact models with HST have a cruise control feature that can limit engine rpm. This feature is often activated by unsuspecting operators. Another option would be 540E pto selection (if equipped). Some tractors limit Engine speed when 540E is selected so as not to overspeed the implement. Are you completely familiar with your tractor's options and functions? Please don't be offended by that question. Many operators are not.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

I don't like that phrase, "after the last fueling."

Low power and low rpm can sometimes be the result of bad fuel, even fuel polluted with gasoline.

If this never happened before and commenced immediately following a recent re-fueling, I'd start right there. I'd drain it. Usually done easiest by uncoupling the fuel line. Gravity feed it into an extra fuel container or containers.

Re-fuel with KNOWN GOOD DIESEL from a truck stop or busy fuel mart, and not the place or origin where the last fuel was purchased.

This is the quickest, easiest thing to do. With any luck, you'll be pushing snow in a few hours.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    MAHINDRA

Is it a gear or hydro?
    Wallace Tractor and Equipment
    www.wallacetractorandequipment.com
    rwallacetractor@echoes.net
    RICK WALLACE

(570) 689-7494

We're not just a tractor store anymore!

Tractor
    kioti ck25

Thank you to those who have replied. Definately not offended, in fact I do believe I have to look into what exactly the features the tractor has to offer. I did look into the tractor and thought I had a good understanding of the vehicle I purchased. The tractor is a gear driven vehicle not hydrostatic. As far as the fuel I did drain about a gallon out by gravity feed. There was a bit of water in the diesel. That promted the fuel filter change. and of course the bleeding of the fuel system. I will look into the fuel issue more in depth and I will check the advanced features and give an update.
    And again no offense taken, i am willing to take advice.
    Snowing now hoping to be plowing tomorrow.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

I'd say to check other obvious things like a clogged air filter, maybe a mouse built a nest in yours. It does happen. I nearly blew up my old Lawn Chief 36" mower a number of years ago due to the exact same thing happening. The mower could not get any air and ran so rich it nearly caught on fire!
    When all else fails check the obvious items. Post back results!
    2010 DK-40se/hst, KL-401 FEL, (reversible cutting edge), Titan Tree Shear. 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter. HLA Series 2000 7' plow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

2015 Husky AWD Rider 322T Combi 103 deck. Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss.

Tractor
    2008 Kioti DK 45 sc

jason1,

I had a similar problem.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...oss-power.html

I ended up putting a filter between the tank and the pick up fuel pump. Solved the issue.
    Hope this helps.

lloyd
    Work hard to get it down - play like tomorrow may end!

Small Horse Farm: 12.5 acres: 2008 Kioti Dk 45SC with Cab, FEL, BH, 6' snow blower, 7' back blade, 7' box blade, 6' bush hog, 9"& 14" auger, 8' chain harrow, 4" chipper, sand spreader, 7' landscape rake, 3pt quick attach & coffee holder.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

throttle linkage/travel? How does it run at 1600 rpms?

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    MAHINDRA

Is it a gear or hydro?
    If it is a gear are you getting the same responce from the foot pedal as your are with the hand lever?
    Wallace Tractor and Equipment
    www.wallacetractorandequipment.com
    rwallacetractor@echoes.net
    RICK WALLACE

(570) 689-7494

We're not just a tractor store anymore!

Tractor
    kioti ck25

I am getting same response from foot and pedel controls. I drained the diesel tank 100%. Filled with new diesel, drained again to ensure quality. I bleed fuel system at the diesel filter bowl, and at the injectors. Still running a consistent 1600 rpm. Is it possible I still have air in the system? Could the fuel pump be going bad? Is there other relays or fuses that could be going bad, as far as the fuel system is concerned? I have been reserching the tractor and it seems to be pointing toward the fuel system and possible air intake. The tractor does run good at 1600 rpm's and when i purged the injectors it did run rough until I closed them. scratching my head at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast