engine rpm problem

/ engine rpm problem #1  

jason1

Tractor
kioti ck25
I own and operate a kiot ck25 tractor. For 3 years it has run perfect. But after the last fueling, the engine will not go above 1600 rpm. The tractor starts good, The A-B lever is in nuetral, it runs good in idle, I have good hydraulics, I checked the fuses(all good), The tractor will drive in all gears good, but cant obviously gain speed because of the fact that it will not accelerate above 1600 rpm. I changed the fuel filter, checked all other fluids(all good) bleed the fuel system as per the operator manuel. I am at a dead end, and the snow is coming with plow jobs soon to be backed up. anyone with a possible solution? need help.

/ engine rpm problem #2  
Jason, I know nothing about Kioti. Here's my 2 cents. Many JD compact models with HST have a cruise control feature that can limit engine rpm. This feature is often activated by unsuspecting operators. Another option would be 540E pto selection (if equipped). Some tractors limit Engine speed when 540E is selected so as not to overspeed the implement. Are you completely familiar with your tractor's options and functions? Please don't be offended by that question. Many operators are not.

/ engine rpm problem #3  
I don't like that phrase, "after the last fueling."

Low power and low rpm can sometimes be the result of bad fuel, even fuel polluted with gasoline.

If this never happened before and commenced immediately following a recent re-fueling, I'd start right there. I'd drain it. Usually done easiest by uncoupling the fuel line. Gravity feed it into an extra fuel container or containers.

Re-fuel with KNOWN GOOD DIESEL from a truck stop or busy fuel mart, and not the place or origin where the last fuel was purchased.

This is the quickest, easiest thing to do. With any luck, you'll be pushing snow in a few hours.

/ engine rpm problem #4  
Is it a gear or hydro?

/ engine rpm problem
Thank you to those who have replied. Definately not offended, in fact I do believe I have to look into what exactly the features the tractor has to offer. I did look into the tractor and thought I had a good understanding of the vehicle I purchased. The tractor is a gear driven vehicle not hydrostatic. As far as the fuel I did drain about a gallon out by gravity feed. There was a bit of water in the diesel. That promted the fuel filter change. and of course the bleeding of the fuel system. I will look into the fuel issue more in depth and I will check the advanced features and give an update.
And again no offense taken, i am willing to take advice.
Snowing now hoping to be plowing tomorrow.

/ engine rpm problem #6  
I'd say to check other obvious things like a clogged air filter, maybe a mouse built a nest in yours. It does happen. I nearly blew up my old Lawn Chief 36" mower a number of years ago due to the exact same thing happening. The mower could not get any air and ran so rich it nearly caught on fire!:confused2:
When all else fails check the obvious items. Post back results!

/ engine rpm problem #8  
throttle linkage/travel? How does it run at 1600 rpms?

/ engine rpm problem #9  
Is it a gear or hydro?
If it is a gear are you getting the same responce from the foot pedal as your are with the hand lever?

/ engine rpm problem
I am getting same response from foot and pedel controls. I drained the diesel tank 100%. Filled with new diesel, drained again to ensure quality. I bleed fuel system at the diesel filter bowl, and at the injectors. Still running a consistent 1600 rpm. Is it possible I still have air in the system? Could the fuel pump be going bad? Is there other relays or fuses that could be going bad, as far as the fuel system is concerned? I have been reserching the tractor and it seems to be pointing toward the fuel system and possible air intake. The tractor does run good at 1600 rpm's and when i purged the injectors it did run rough until I closed them. scratching my head at this point.