DK40 front axle lube

/ DK40 front axle lube #1  

Kiotimike

Tractor
Kioti Dk40
My DK40 has about 55Hrs on it had the first service done at 42Hrs.Checked the front axle for the heck of it the other day and couldn't see any oil.I took the filler cap off and looked down the hole with a flashlight looked dry.Checked the glass peep hole on the right side of axle(what am I suppose to see?).Called the dealer he said look in the manual for amount to put in, as you all know the owners manual is short on usable info.So do I get the dealer to pickup the tractor and diassemble the front axleto check for damage?Or do I just fill with 80#gear oil and hope no damage has been done.Sorry for the long post but I will be real p****d if the dealer never put any oil in the axle.Suggestions Please.

Thanks
Mike

/ DK40 front axle lube #2  
Mike

I would undo the drain plug to see if any oil is there and what colour the oil is, if not favourable send it back and insist on a whole new diff drive.

/ DK40 front axle lube #3  
My manual says the DK 35 and 40 front axle 7.9 quarts.
Just put some gear oil in it (may not be down as far as you think).
If it takes 3/4 of a quart or less to get to the site glass then I wouldn't worry about it !

/ DK40 front axle lube #4  
KiotiMike, Saw your post and was interested what dealer you purchased your machine from. I'm also in southeastern Michigan and would be interested in your opinions on your dealership and recommendations (and if they serviced your machine properly).

/ DK40 front axle lube
Daedong,
Took your advice last night and removed the drain plug.I was very relieved to have oil start flowing.This weekend I will get some 80# gear oil and fill until I can see some in the site glass.

Pvhunter,
I purchased the tractor from Hodges farm equipment.They are located in Fenton Mi.Did they service it correctly?Good question I'm not a mechanic so I'll have to wait and see.They have been around a long time but I don't feel 100% comfortable with their service.It took almost 2 weeks to get my first service done after they picked the tractor up.
Mike

/ DK40 front axle lube #6  
Mike,you might be interested in this earlier post of mine which addresses front end lube questions that I had.This is the company's reply.

Well here it is,straight from the Horse's Mouth!.......Mike
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mike,

The DK 40 rear axle is lubricated with the fluid from the transmission. It
is acceptable to use the same hydraulic fluid that lubricates the
transmission and final drives, in the front axle. It is also correct to use
80-90w gear oil, as long as all the fluid is drained from the front axle and
the oils are not mixed. Be careful that you don't alternate the type of oil
used. If you decide to continue using the same fluid that is in the
transmission stick with that oil. Thank you for your questions and concerns.
I hope that you enjoy the use of your Kioti Tractor.

Best Regards,
Allen Clemmons
Assistant Service Engineer
Kioti Tractor

/ DK40 front axle lube #7  
I'm doing my 1st lube change in my front axle and did a search looking for the answer to my question and found this post. This may be a dumb question but where is the drain for the front axle? I have a ck30HST. In reading this post, appearantly the machine is shipped with tranny fluid in the front axle. Is this better the 90W oil or is it just easier for Kioti so they don't have to mess with another oil?
Thanks,
Kevin

/ DK40 front axle lube #8  
It may be unpopular but I like Hydro oil in front axles.
If it's good enough for the rear it's good enough for the front.
Drain plugs are in the bottom part of the outboard drives (at wheels).
Unless it has been rubbed off they are daubed with orange paint.
Take the fill plug out of the top of the axle, then remove the drain plugs.

BTI

/ DK40 front axle lube #9  
Thanks. I saw them and thought they might be the drain plugs, but didn't want to mess around with them until I knew for sure.

Thanks again.
Kevin