Non-stick spray for snow plow/snow blower?

/ Non-stick spray for snow plow/snow blower? #1  

JonKioti

Silver Member
Tractor
CK-20S HST
Hi everyone,

Does anyone use any kind of spray to keep snow from sticking to your snow blade or snowblower?

I've used the occasional application of turtle wax on my snowblade, but I was thinking something I could spray on the snowblower from time to time would help keep snow from building up on it too much when I'm done.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon

/ Non-stick spray for snow plow/snow blower? #3  
I rub a stick of butter inside my blower chute / impeller housing. One stick before each storm. Don't worry, I use the cheaper store brand, not the good Land O'Lakes butter. ;)

/ Non-stick spray for snow plow/snow blower? #4  
Spray on vegetable oil (PAM), Fluid Film, WD40

/ Non-stick spray for snow plow/snow blower? #5  
Wax (like a furniture polish spray) or graphite. I was told the graphite had to be applied above 60 degrees though.

I honestly don't find it makes much of a difference so I don't bother much anymore.

Last edited:
   / Non-stick spray for snow plow/snow blower? #6  
Theres a product called ez slide that brushes on or you can get it in a spray can. think it's graphite based but it's for snow baldes, under mower decks etc and works pretty well. Last for awhile too. I use it on my snowblower chute. Got it in a farm supply/kubota dealer store.

/ Non-stick spray for snow plow/snow blower? #7  
I find that Silicone Spray from Crappy Tire works good, but running your blower at the correct RPM is wise.

/ Non-stick spray for snow plow/snow blower? #8  
Silicone is the only thing that sticks and works. Sticks if the chute is dry when applied.
Nothing helps if it is already wet, go inside have an adult beverage and let it melt.

/ Non-stick spray for snow plow/snow blower?
Great responses and advice guys - thanks.

I picked up a can of silicone spray from Princess Auto and applied it whilethe thing was dry and reasonably warm. We'll see what happens to it tomorrow.

As a matter of fact, I haven't been able to clog the chute on the Argotrend snowblower yet, amazingly enough. I just wanted to see if I could get the snow to fall off the implements more easily.

Cheers,

Jon

/ Non-stick spray for snow plow/snow blower? #10  
I agree with the silicone spray.I spray two coats on the inside of my DRY FEL bucket,Snow will not stick.During a long season you will want to recoat.ALso spray your weather strip around your doors on your car or truck.Remote gas filler doors,Trunk gaskets.Don't use on paint or windshields...Remember snow shovels are for younger people,But a coat of silicone spray will work there also.Enjoy your winter season,Good health to you all.