DK35 hydraulic pump

/ DK35 hydraulic pump #1  

chevy292

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35 TLB
I was wondering if the hydraulic pump on my '04 DK35 can be rebuilt. If it can't any ideas what a new pump costs? How difficult is it to change the pump? Thanks in advance for any/all help!!!

/ DK35 hydraulic pump #2  
I don't have the answer to your questions.
But I am curious, what is wrong with your pump?

/ DK35 hydraulic pump
The hydraulics are much weaker than they should be. I know the front loader on these machines are a joke to begin with...but even my backhoe just isn't what it should be. I also have the larger backhoe i have the 2485 and it's just weak. I'm certainly not a hydraulics expert so I am only assuming the pump could use a rebuild. I always make sure the fluid level is topped off and the filter is replaced on schedule. My machine has 13XX hours on it so I figured it was time. Am I totally looking in the wrong direction on this?

/ DK35 hydraulic pump #4  
I am no hydraulic expert either.
The first thing I would do is get a pressure test done to see if the pump pressure is where it should be, then go from there.
I'm sure hydraulic pumps are not cheap. Hate to see you change a pump and not see any gain.

/ DK35 hydraulic pump #5  
A poor cross over of after market filters could give you a starvation of oil. There could be more but I think this should be an exception.

/ DK35 hydraulic pump
How do I go about doing a pressure test? Dealer isnt very close so if I can do it myself that would be great.

My filters are from the dealer so I hope they are good.

/ DK35 hydraulic pump #7  
You need a flow meter/load test to properly test the pump.......a pressure guage only will show pressure but won't show efficiency of pump (flow and pressure).......Kubota Flow/Load Meter Test - Tractor Videos - Kubota, John Deere, New Holland and More

If it's a gear pump and worn out, then likely it'll be cheaper to replace as you'd need to replace all mechanical moving parts (gear set, wear plates, gear housing, bearings) to tighten up the worn clearances to restore power.....

/ DK35 hydraulic pump
Great video thanks! That setup looks like it costs a lot more than it would cost me in diesel fuel to tow my machine to the dealer. I'll have to give them a call to see what a test would run me.

/ DK35 hydraulic pump #9  
The hydraulics are much weaker than they should be. I know the front loader on these machines are a joke to begin with...
The KL1450 loaders came with very weak roll back power. I've complained about that in the past.
I did a lot of changes to my loader and it is a lot stronger.
Kioti calls for 2300 PSI max pressure. I have mine turned up to just under 2450 PSI, been running it that way for years.
The bucket roll back power was pathetic.
The bucket pins were only 5" apart, I redrilled and moved mine to 8" apart. I also replaced the stock 1.75" roll back cylinders with 2" hydraulic cylinders.
I then had to make new bucket linkage so the larger diameter cylinders wouldn't hit the loader arms in the rollback position.
Took a lot of time,work/trial and error but I think I doubled the bucket roll back power.
My loader works a whole lot better that it did from the factory.

Attachments

• HPIM0983.jpg
    HPIM0983.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 452
  • HPIM0986.jpg
    HPIM0986.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 424
  • HPIM0989.jpg
    HPIM0989.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 463
   / DK35 hydraulic pump
Nice work. How much slower is the curl function with the larger cylinders?