Snow Snow blower project

/ Snow blower project #1  

harleyboy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti ck30hst
Well i was going to make a box blade for my FEL to push snow next winter if this one ever decides to stop LOL. But low and behold i found an old McKee econo plow 6+6 snow blower 5 minutes from home. She's Old and rusty and needs some love but she works good. The dealer was asking $800 + tax but i ended up getting it for $700 tax in. If anyone has info on it that would be great.
Thanks HB

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 847
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 738
   / Snow blower project #2  
Think U did good.
I see that the auger is chain drive at one end. That style is easy on parts as most are off the shelf, ie chain and bearings etc. and most anything else is simple weld repair.
That is a good basic design much like the Puma and others made here in Quebec.

/ Snow blower project #3  
So how has the 6+6 turned out for you?
I'm looking at one right now as well.
I would really like to know how they are. They have alot of years on them but they seem to just be solid metal and simple parts. Not much to break or repair.

/ Snow blower project
Its been a busy summer and my snowblower is second on my list soon to be worked on as time is running out. I have been told by a few friends and neibours that they are good blowers. Not the best in deep wet snow. I figure if the price is right you shouldn't loose the farm if you decide to sell it and get something else.
HB

/ Snow blower project #5  
It looks a lot like mine... including the rust.

Mine is a Kubota L322, but probably made by someone other than Kubota.

I took the two bearings off the auger and one off the end where the chain drive is. I also took the chute and other bolt on parts off and sent them all to be media blasted and primed.

I'll post a before and after thread later and let you know about the thread when posted.

/ Snow blower project #6  
Good to hear.
They seem pretty basic and reliable. Made to last.
The one I looked at was worn at the chute hinge. Obviously has thrown a fair number of stones over the years.

Any idea if other chutes might fit or would I need to fabricate one?

/ Snow blower project #7  
So I bought one.
Not the one I was looking at originally, but the same make and size.
Now I just need to clean it and get it going.

It is missing the chute rotator, so that is going to be a project for the next year or so... Too many projects to do first. Not to mention I need to read a lot of threads about it first.
Once that is done I'm going to add a little length to the impeller blades. There is about 1/2" space at the ends of each one. Seems to me it should be 1/4" or less.

Anyway, I hope yours is working well this year, and my as well.

/ Snow blower project #8  
Hard to tell from the picture but,I'm hoping for your sake that it's a two stage unit,the single stage units don't work too well...at least in the snow belts that we live in...Mike.

/ Snow blower project #9  
They are two stage blowers.
The one I just got is the 6' one vs the 6+6 the OPer has but otherwise the same.

image-2419722897.jpg

Seems fine so far.

/ Snow blower project #10  
She may be old but she works well. I have been very happy with the purchase.

Attachments

• image-4031286749.jpg
    image-4031286749.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 325
  • image-2235548160.jpg
    image-2235548160.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 273