CK20 Tool Box

/ CK20 Tool Box #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
I have a phobia about going out on a tractor and not having at least the basic tools with me. You know, channel lock pliers, vise grip pliers, screwdrivers, extra pins, etc. I have been looking at my CK20 trying to figure out where to mount a tool box. I see no suitable place without doing some drilling. I don't want to do that.

Where has everybody else mounted their tool kit.

/ CK20 Tool Box #2  
On my ck20 I put a piece of 2" pvc about a foot long on the bottom of each side of the rop. I put it on vertically and fastened each one with two hose clamps. On one side I slip a short handled 2lb hammer in and on the other I keep a pair of channel lock pliers and an adjustable wrench. Those three things work for me. I was going to mount a tool box above the fuel tank but it would make it hard to see the 3 pt hitch.

/ CK20 Tool Box #3  
I use the tool box mounted on the tractor from the factory. Ever look underneath the clutch side of the floor?
It took me 2 years to finally notice it there. :D

/ CK20 Tool Box #4  
I have tried for two years to find a good spot for a tool box (one of those ammo boxes) and gave up. So I put pins in the little box under the floor and have a cloth mason's bag that I hang over the SMV bracket with soft hammer pliers etc.
It is particularly a problem with a BH since the BH seat is right up against the fuel tank and in the winter with the blower on the back, you need to reach out to adjust the chute so you cannot mount it over the fuel tank between the ROPS.
I am eyeballing that empty tube on the FEL to see what I can stuff in there, but I was told that is just the right size for a few adult beverages, so don't want t mess with that.

/ CK20 Tool Box #5  
I lowered the ROP to a horizontal position - added a narrow 6" wood platform behind seat and carry my tool box there. Also, ROP is a good place to hang chains. Never use a seat belt when you lower ROP

/ CK20 Tool Box #6  
Bad idea! Use your ROP as intended and leave it up. It should only be lowered to avoid hitting garage doors and such. :mad:

/ CK20 Tool Box #7  
I attached a 4" pvc pipe to my ROPS. Used a pressure cap on the bottom and a coupling with a screw cap on the top, water proof and big enough for all I need. Am planning to add one to other side to hold shackles and a couple of nylon web slings. Attached pipe with 1/4" carriage bolts.

Attachments

• tool box.GIF
    tool box.GIF
    65 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
   / CK20 Tool Box #8  
Donfi, I really like the neat and tidy look of that. Great solution for the smaller CUTs like my CK20. Not much room behind the seat...

Attached pipe with 1/4" carriage bolts.
Does this mean you drilled clearance holes in the ROPS frame for the carriage bolts? I'm not safety-copping on you here - I too believe the ROPS is sufficiently over-engineered that it can tolerate a few small holes. Acorn nuts on the front side would be a nice touch.

/ CK20 Tool Box #9  
Yes I drilled through ROPS 5/16th holes' dealer said it would not be a problem. Yes I did use acorn nuts with nylon lock bushings.

/ CK20 Tool Box #10  
I used a canvas tool pouch I got at Lowes. I mounted it to the back of the seat. I used large flat washers inside the pouch and took the back seat cushion loose to add flat washers and nut to the inside to share the weight. Works and looks great.