Diesel engine care information.

/ Diesel engine care information. #1  

Kendrick

Gold Member
Tractor
DK45S(Cab)
Does any one have the SCA additive information handy for the Kioti diesels? i have a 45

/ Diesel engine care information. #2  
are additives necessary? i have a 45 also

/ Diesel engine care information. #3  
I was wondering if SCA is a necessary item. Most real large engines with wet sleeves use the treatment?Plus it is inside the coolant filters that we buy for our gen-sets.No guessing. I don't know about Kioti 45 engine , type or size?

/ Diesel engine care information. #4  
I was wondering if SCA is a necessary item. Most real large engines with wet sleeves use the treatment?Plus it is inside the coolant filters that we buy for our gen-sets.No guessing. I don't know about Kioti 45 engine , type or size?

good queston, as the owners manual nor the service manual say to add anything.

/ Diesel engine care information. #5  
I had a problem with gunk (dead algee in diesel) forming in the gas tank and filling the pre-prime pump. Whe put an in-line filter in but the dealer suggested I always use the kioti additive with the fuel. It does a number of things as well as adds lubrication...

Lloyd

/ Diesel engine care information. #6  
I believe these engines do not have piston liners, I know that my CK 20 does not. Therefore no liners no need for SCA or DCA. One of the reasons DCA is used is to reduce cavitation around the liners which is what causes liner pitting it also balances the coolant ph because of some sort of electrolyosis caused by fluid flowing around liners. No expert but I believe this is a correct explanation.

/ Diesel engine care information. #7  
my dealer suggested the use of the additive(for control of alge and for cold weather) my tractor (dk45) never sits more than three days between uses so nothing has time to grow in the tank. I use it anyway. better safe than have an injector or filter problem later. jmo

/ Diesel engine care information.
some of you are thinking of the fuel system which is not what i was meaning. In my F350 IDI SCA keeps cavitation from happening and is added to the coolent. they mentioned in the cavitation document that newer engines had elc or something so I was trying to figure out what mine used and if it needed any treatment. see below link for the explination, really good info.

TikiWiki : Cavitation - The Complete Guide

Jony: Denhartog? 45hp I am tempted to get one of those filters for my 350 but thats down the line a bit.

unhappy: Depends on the engine. my 7.3IDI is not wet and is prone to cavitation. it is possible to sleve it down to a 6.9 from what i under stand due to it just being an over boored 6.9 and is a solution to it.

/ Diesel engine care information. #9  
some of you are thinking of the fuel system which is not what i was meaning. In my F350 IDI SCA keeps cavitation from happening and is added to the coolent. they mentioned in the cavitation document that newer engines had elc or something so I was trying to figure out what mine used and if it needed any treatment. see below link for the explination, really good info.

TikiWiki : Cavitation - The Complete Guide

Jony: Denhartog? 45hp I am tempted to get one of those filters for my 350 but thats down the line a bit.

unhappy: Depends on the engine. my 7.3IDI is not wet and is prone to cavitation. it is possible to sleve it down to a 6.9 from what i under stand due to it just being an over boored 6.9 and is a solution to it.

OHHHHHH. i know nothing about that... im all ears

/ Diesel engine care information. #10  
Therefore no liners no need for SCA or DCA.

Kendrick mentioned the 7.3 IDI engine needing it - Also almost three million International T444E 7.3L DI engines (Powerstroke was Fords name) were built and they ALL also need the additive, parent bore, no liners.