Backhoe Backhoe for Kioti CK20 HST

/ Backhoe for Kioti CK20 HST #1  

amarks41

Tractor
Kioti CK 20 HST
Good Morning - I'd like to add the Kioti backhoe attachment to my subcompact CK20 HST. Does anyone have this setup? Is the 20 enough machine?

/ Backhoe for Kioti CK20 HST #2  
Good Morning - I'd like to add the Kioti backhoe attachment to my subcompact CK20 HST. Does anyone have this setup? Is the 20 enough machine?

The CK20 is absolutely great with a six foot backhoe like the Kioti KB2465 or a Woods BH70x.

I had the earlier version of the Kioti backhoe (KB2365) which was great. The new version is even nicer.

The CK20 is a heavy little beast which makes it perfect as a platform for a backhoe. I found that I needed to install a set of turf/dirt shoes called Bigfoot on the BH stabilizers as the BH was strong enough to pull the tractor around in dirt otherwise. That is an easy addition but I'm forgetting the name of the manufacturer of the bolt on shoes. If you are handy with a welder you could make yourself a pair easily.

Attachments

• IMG_2877 BigFoot.JPG
    IMG_2877 BigFoot.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,172
  • IMG_2895 small file Bigfoot in action.JPG
    IMG_2895 small file Bigfoot in action.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 2,425
   / Backhoe for Kioti CK20 HST #3  
Is the 20 enough machine?
Yes! I am still amazed at the power of the backhoe on a CK20. With the really big stumps and rocks, I actually strap the tractor to a tree or my truck so it doesn't get pulled into the hole and I even have all four tires loaded for extra weight. :D

I have the older KB2365 with a 16" bucket and it has been flawless over the past 6 years and 450+ hours and I use it more than any other function of the tractor, even the loader.
Click the thumbnails for larger pictures:

/ Backhoe for Kioti CK20 HST #4  
Good Morning - I'd like to add the Kioti backhoe attachment to my subcompact CK20 HST. Does anyone have this setup? Is the 20 enough machine?[/QUOTE
==========

I have a CK20 with KB2465 backhoe. My property consists of heavy forest of mature trees. With that rig I have built roads straight through the hardwoods. That means any tree stump that got in the way was about to get excavated. I also cleared an area for a pole barn and leveled the spot iin addition to digging footings for a couple additions. The stumps didn't all pop out instantly but this little CK never met a stump it did not beat up on.

Island spoke of adding the larger outrigger pads. My dealer made me up a couple of squares of 3/8 plate steel measuring just a couple inches beyond stock outrigger pads. What a difference they made for that little stump bully. My plates have no teeth either. Just a flat pad so I can use them with the machine on blacktop. Works well.

rimshot

Attachments

• stump removal for pole barn.jpg
    stump removal for pole barn.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 3,905
  • poles in plsce.jpg
    poles in plsce.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 855
   / Backhoe for Kioti CK20 HST
Thanks for the advice - I just down sized from a 35 HP and I'm still learning what I can do with these new subcompacts - - -

/ Backhoe for Kioti CK20 HST #6  
Thanks for the advice - I just down sized from a 35 HP and I'm still learning what I can do with these new subcompacts - - -
Technically, the CK20 is a Compact Utility Tractor (CUT). The Sub-Compacts are tractors like the Kubota BX series, they are much lighter and about the size of a lawnmower.

/ Backhoe for Kioti CK20 HST #7  
I excavated a 2000 square foot area for a house extension and then dug out 2 feet of soil and roots from about 50-60 mature spruce trees. At the time I had a Woods BH-6000 on my CK-20 and had no problems at all.

I traded the CK-20 with the Woods for the CK-20S with Kioti KB-2465 and 16" bucket. I asked for the 12" bucket but the dealer put on a 16", which I found to have made no difference to the digging power.

My KB2465 cames with the bigfoot outrigger pads.

My next project is 400' of trenching at a customer's site for underground fibre optic cable. I'm looking forward to that job.

Jon

Attachments

• IMG_5202.jpg
    IMG_5202.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 4,288
  • IMG_5200.jpg
    IMG_5200.jpg
    796 KB · Views: 9,464