Kioti DK45 Owner Indiana

/ Kioti DK45 Owner Indiana #1  

swinny1947

Tractor
Kioti DK45 woods 1050 backhoe frey l200 loader
Just purchased a used 2000 DK45 from a dealer in Michigan. Unfortunately, it wasn't as nice as it was presented to be.... Take care dealing with Tri-County equipment.

Looking for some advice on rebuilding or replacing the engine. Attempted to find a local deisel mechanic to check it out but no luck yet.

/ Kioti DK45 Owner Indiana #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Kioti DK45 Owner Indiana #3  
Welcome to TBN!!! I hope you get all your problems resolved. :thumbsup:

/ Kioti DK45 Owner Indiana #4  
You may want to speak with Michigan Iron and Equipment. Michigan Iron & Equipment: Kioti Dealer

They have a good reputation.

Welcome to TBN, I hope you get things sorted out. That's a great tractor if it is working right.

/ Kioti DK45 Owner Indiana #5  
Just purchased a used 2000 DK45 from a dealer in Michigan. Unfortunately, it wasn't as nice as it was presented to be.... Take care dealing with Tri-County equipment.

Looking for some advice on rebuilding or replacing the engine. Attempted to find a local deisel mechanic to check it out but no luck yet.

You must be close to me. Tri-County carries Bobcat and has Kioti built machines, but they are not particularly fond of them compared to their other lines. They have at least 1 tech who went to Daedong certification as I understand, but he isn't big on their engines. If he's still in business, your next nearest dealer is in KY and he'll tell you that you need to just trade it for a Branson. If you indeed do live close to me, you will have what will be a very rare machine around here. There simply just isn't any representation for Kioti around here. The only dealers they had (past tense) were roadside lots with gravel lots working out of a yard barn. It may sound bad, but Kioti is better off without them. They couldn't have worked on your machine anyway.

Unfortunately, if you are in my area, you will be in for a long haul to get to a dealer. Nobody else will be very keen on working on them because with only a dozen or so Kioti tractors in this metro area, it isn't economically reasonable to have anyone trained to work on them or be setup to get parts any easier than you can from another dealer on the internet. Good luck. Pushing Tri-County, since they sell Bobcat, won't likely get you far. They are pretty independent. They can make you a heck of a deal on something or brush you off if they don't want to deal with your issue; especially if it's not something they directly sell.

/ Kioti DK45 Owner Indiana #6  
What exactly is wrong with the engine? Locked up? Running with a knock? Smoking badly? You could most likely rebuild it yourself with just getting the parts. Do a search on TBN for an outstanding fellow named 3RRL, and read about him rebuilding his KAMA554 tractor engine. Rob did an excellent job, and posted a complete documentation of every step complete with pictures, and walked us through exactly what he did. Also a good local machine shop can rebuild a diesel engine. The Kioti D45 is a very good tractor, sorry to read of your troubles.