Oil presure on CK 30

/ Oil presure on CK 30 #1  

JDL538

Silver Member
Tractor
CK 30
My oil presure light stays on for a second or so after starting.
It never used to do that before what would cause that only 120 hours.

/ Oil presure on CK 30 #2  
The oil pressure light senses pressure below 5psi in the system. If it is taking longer than normal for the light to turn off, start with the simple stuff:

A defective or clogged filter
Wrong grade of oil
cold oil
sludge build-up at the pressure sensor
faulty pressure sensor
harness plug loose at the sensor

From there it gets into problems you probably don't have on a 120 hour engine.

/ Oil presure on CK 30 #3  
Did you do the first service at 50 hours? As advised, maybe a starting to clog engine filter if you didn't or did it start after service? If after, wrong weight oil or a defective filter. For oil, I've seen guys using 5W-40 to 15W-40 oil without problems. Mine takes a second to go out but that is in the Winter temps.

/ Oil presure on CK 30
I did do the 50 hour service. I also changed oil and filter at 100 hours 15w40 shell.
It just started the last 3 times I started it only for a second though, I will ck. the filter but I wouldn't think it could hurt anything, just seems odd.

/ Oil presure on CK 30 #5  
Did you use aftermarket filter or Kioti dealer supplied? for oil change.

/ Oil presure on CK 30
Kioti, once it has started for the day it does not do it when restarted it could be cold oil but it is not cold anymore down to 50 at night.

/ Oil presure on CK 30 #7  
On my last oil change I changed from the recommended oil weight (I think was 10W-30) to 15W-40 commonly used for diesel engines. Since this oil change I have noticed that the oil light will stay on a little longer on the initial start-up. My assumption is this happens because it is a heavier weight oil and not flowing as efficiently when cold.
Kevin