Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg?

/ Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg? #1  

whitmerlegacyfarm

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Kioti DK50SE HST w/ 401 Loader
Hey guys just curipus which diesel by fuel is best to run in my dk50 hst? I know offroad is cheaper but wantef to check. Its my first diesel tractor. Thanks guys

/ Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg? #2  
You can run whatever you want just keep in mind later in the year that it needs an anti-gel additive like Power Service white bottle to be safe.

You cant always count on having winter blend in your tanks when the cold hits.

fwtw I run red winter diesel year around I have a 300 gal farm tank I fuel out of so I dont have to worry about gelling up. I use gray bottle PS during the summer months it sure quiets my engine down. :)

/ Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg? #3  
Hey guys just curipus which diesel by fuel is best to run in my dk50 hst? I know offroad is cheaper but wantef to check. Its my first diesel tractor. Thanks guys

Off road just has a coloration so authorities can make sure it's being used appropriately (there's no tax on it, or at least not the same tax). It's still just diesel.

/ Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg? #4  
In our area, the off road is high sulfur. Its OK to use but last year I started using road fuel to get rid of the sulfur. My Kubota service manual allows me to double my oil change interval when I'm using road fuel. Didn't see anything like that in the Kioti manual, but a diesel is a diesel. It's more expensive, but I'm not a huge hours per year guy so I decided to spoil my engines.

/ Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg? #5  
In our area, the off road is high sulfur. Its OK to use but last year I started using road fuel to get rid of the sulfur. My Kubota service manual allows me to double my oil change interval when I'm using road fuel. Didn't see anything like that in the Kioti manual, but a diesel is a diesel. It's more expensive, but I'm not a huge hours per year guy so I decided to spoil my engines.

As of July 1, 2010 all fuel refineries is the U.S were mandated by fedral law to only produce ultra-low sulpher fuel, off road or regular. This was done leading up to Tier IV EPA emission standards for off road engines coming into affect Jan. 1, 2012.

/ Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg? #6  
As of July 1, 2010 all fuel refineries is the U.S were mandated by fedral law to only produce ultra-low sulpher fuel, off road or regular. This was done leading up to Tier IV EPA emission standards for off road engines coming into affect Jan. 1, 2012.

Correct..itis all the same except for the red dye and a 30 cents a gallon price difference. So now SS which one do you like better:D?

/ Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg? #7  
I run both. Yes, same fuel different color. Depends if I have been to fill the bulk tank or not. I do run an additive in all of my diesels. Lower sulfur takes away some lubricity as I understand it. I think it is cheap insurance and little trouble to keep my injector pump and injectors operating correctly for years to come.

/ Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg? #8  
All I have ever run in my tractors is offroad fuel.
I spend enough on fuel already. No sence me paying the extra $ for road use tax.

/ Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg?
Thanks all. I think I'm goin to just run watever i can get my hands on at the time. Depending where i'm working that day when i need it. Not many stations around here have the offroad.

Also checked into getting a Fuel Tank and hand rotary pump, from my oil/fuel supply company that i use now. They gave us our Gas tank for free years ago. But now they want almost 800 bucks to give me a 300 gal. tank w/ rotary pump, set it up. I tried reasoning with them sayin i buy all my fuel from you guys and will continue to get diesl and you can't do better then 800 bucks for a plain round barrel tank. So i'm looking at other options now.

Who knows. Everything keeps going up in price. But yea our prices at work for installing ceramic flooring has been the same for the last 15 years. We are glad we are still busy and i guess that's why cause we can't afford to raise our prices. Gov't can put caps on everything else, why not on FUELS. Heck didn't they even put a cap on Milk prices, when it's hard working farmers that produce that?

It's just frustrating lol. But hey we just keep on going.

/ Diesel fuel... Offroad or reg? #10  
I've ran off road in my Lk 30 horse since it was new in '98. Never any problems, but I do live in the south where mild is usually an overstatement for our winters! About three times a year I add 1/2 pint of Seafoam to the fuel tank , and 1/8 pint to the crankcase every third oil change