Model year designation

/ Model year designation #1  

PVHunter

Tractor
Ferguson T20;Kubota L4400
Late last fall, I began my search for a new tractor, and am almost 99.9% certain I've made my choice (DK40). One of the things that I decided to do was to wait until the spring to get a 2003 model... maybe Kioti will fix the seat problem this year that others have mentioned. Anyways, does anyone know if tractors have model years similar to cars (i.e. 2004 models production and sale normally begins in summer 2003) or are they on a calendar year basis? My second question is if there is a Vehicle Identification Number assigned that is similar to a car and if so, what character denotes the model year and where is it typically displayed? (I guess that's really three questions).

Thanks for the help.

/ Model year designation #2  
HHmmmm...very good question. Now I'm not sure about the Kiotis but on ag tractors you have to check the serial number against the begining and ending number range. Some companies do put a date of manufacture,some don't. New releases usually coincide with major shows or seasons for ag tractors. These usually happen in Europe,so it could take awhile for us to see them over here(sometimes a year or more as with the JD CVT in the 6420)

/ Model year designation #3  
I wouldn't worry about the seat. Think about it. You have the tractor 6 months, a year. Whatever, the seat breaks, you get a new seat that just starts you back to square one with a brand new seat.
Sounds good to me.
They stand behind thier equipment very well.
As a matter of fact I believe some of the older ones came standard with 1 set of remotes, this years model does not.

KO