Grapple for DK-40se/hst; best unit for $

/ Grapple for DK-40se/hst; best unit for $ #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
Seeking the best grapple that combines strength, features, and price point advantages. Also interested in the various ways to hook up- rear remotes to grapple, switch on joystick to operate open/close tines, etc.

For use on my DK-40se/hst

Thanks!:thumbsup:

/ Grapple for DK-40se/hst; best unit for $ #2  
I have a Gator, formerly Markham on my DK45. It's supposedly light duty, but does everything I could possibly want. I certainly wouldn't want one any heavier.

/ Grapple for DK-40se/hst; best unit for $ #4  
Their website: Gator Grapple | Gator Attachments

At first I wanted an electric over hydraulic switch but was too expensive for me. I've gotten used to reaching down and using the C D remote lever with no problem.

I did the same thing on my DK45 with my 48" Gator grapple rake. I ran four lines to the front, with a disconnect option under the cab (in case I ever want to take off the FEL). This setup works well for me, though it took a while to get used to avoiding the detents on the control for the remote. I left the flat-faced couplers on the unit because I hope someday to have hydraulic post-hole digger to use on the FEL.
There have been lots of discussions about grapple rakes (and bolt-on bucket grapples) here and in the general forums; I bet a site search would turn up several.

BOB

/ Grapple for DK-40se/hst; best unit for $ #5  
We've had this discussion before about the 60" versus 48". If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go with the 48". I can see where it would be more "handy" in most applications. Plus not as much weight to tote around. The only time the extra foot is useful for me is if I'm clearing out a briar thicket. It will essentially make a full tractor width path.

I also want to reiterate that the "light duty" is any thing but light. Very well made.

/ Grapple for DK-40se/hst; best unit for $ #6  
Coyote Machine -

I am running the WRLong - 60 inch Root Rake Grapple (RBG) with their electric value kit/control arm setup on my DK45 HST

RBG

Valve Kits

Have zero bad to say about it. It is a great setup and one of my most used attachments.

I don't know about the Markham grapple, but I have one of their toothbars and can attest to them making some solid stuff.

/ Grapple for DK-40se/hst; best unit for $
Thanks to all who have replied to date!
Could anyone who chooses to post what their setup cost complete- out the door?!
Thanks all :thumbsup::)

/ Grapple for DK-40se/hst; best unit for $ #9  
I'm in the middle of this project as we speak and here's my costs so far... Now keep in mind I'm up in Canada and have gotten luckey with the help (dicount) of my neighbour...

As of right now all I have left is to run (plumb) in the lines and get a grapple to attach and I'm ready to go...

Suregrip "s" series joystick control - $140
Hoses & end fittings- $43.10
Adapter fittings for hardlines- $53.67
D03 valve,manifold,some fittings -$168.37
Misc fittings.couplers,mounts,etc - TBA
Grapple-TBA

So I'm getting their and will be done (hopefully this weekend), but as you can see I'm at about $405.00 without the grapple, but not using the $800 diverter kit that my local dealer wanted to sell me... so I'll come out ahead...

As for the grapple, the lowest price for me is about 4-5 hours south and $1795+tax+fuel for a vestatech single cylinder unit...EXCEPT!!!

The ritchie Bros auction down the road from me has A versatech Light-duty,heavy duty,a stout,and a blue diamond grapples up for auction tommorrow (all 66") and there is about 5 in total...plus some other toys...so I think I'll do ok... :)

Ritchie Bros has them selling brandnew from $400+ so the odds are ok that I'll save some dough... prices are even bette at some of the US auctions... ;)

As for the quality... they all look pretty good so far and if they have a technical difficulty I've got 2 welders... not worried.

Last edited:
   / Grapple for DK-40se/hst; best unit for $ #10  
I have less than $1100 in mine including grapple and hoses. I believe the grapple itself was just over $900. I used it this afternoon piling two very large trees that recently blew down. Took about 30-45 minutes total including the 2 foot trunk. When I finished, my brother, who owns 2 140hp JD tractors said he was amazed that the DK45 with grapple could do all that. Of course, I thought it was mostly the talented operator. LOL.