help needed on Clutch replacement on LK3054 or similar

/ help needed on Clutch replacement on LK3054 or similar #1  

Thud

Tractor
Cub Cadet Yanmar Sx3100
Hi All,

I have been a member here for a while but haven't posted much, I have a Daedong L2601 which is pretty similar to an early LK3054, but some differences. Has same diesel engine but only has 1 stage clutch. and 3 speed PTO. Any way I have a slipping clutch and decided to split the tractor myself as the nearest dealer said he didn't think he would be able to help me. I have the tractor split and I see what I think would be causing the slipping, looks like trans oil seal is leaking, any way to get the clutch assembly out of the bell housing the repair manual shows using a clutch centering tool, which I don't have. Would any one out there know an alternate way to remove the clutch assembly from the bell housing?

I may be able to post some pictures and if anyone recognizes the clutch please let me know so I can try and get the proper clutch plates for it if I have to.

thanks in advance for any advice.

Thud

Attachments

• DCP_3213.JPG
    DCP_3213.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 970
  • DCP_3215.JPG
    DCP_3215.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 887
  • DCP_3216.JPG
    DCP_3216.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,085
   / help needed on Clutch replacement on LK3054 or similar #2  
What do you me remove the clutch plate.
You remove the pressure plate and the clutch disk is sandwiched between the pressure plate and the fly wheel.
If I were you, I would be replacing the clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and pilot bearing/bushing.
You use the clutch alignment tool to put it back together.
You should also inspect the fly wheel to make sure there are no Major cracks. If the fly wheel is blued real bad you may want to get a new one or have it resurfaced.

/ help needed on Clutch replacement on LK3054 or similar #3  
There are 6 bolts that you remove from the pressure plate and that will allow the assembly to come free.

/ help needed on Clutch replacement on LK3054 or similar
Thanks Wallace, When you say remove the 6 bolts, those are around the outer rim of the assembly correct? I can do that with the assembly still in the bell housing?

The reason I ask is that the manual for LK3054 says use clutch alignment tool to remove assembly but I don't have a clue what that would do? Unless it relieves the pressure on the clutch diaphragm spring. I don't have the alignment tool but will try and get something to align the plates before I put it together. I heard they have have a universal alignment tool available at NAPA or somewhere.

Thank you for your reply.

Thud