Ignition Problem

/ Ignition Problem #1  

halfbottle

Tractor
Kioti CK25HST
Ignition switch acts like it has an internal loose connection. If I jiggle the key around to certain positions it will start, but finding the "right" position isn't always easy. Also has a buzzing/clicking sound like a bad relay. I replaced the ignition switch (but none of the relays) a year ago for the exact same problem and that solved it. Has anyone else had this problem? Can it be solved by disassembling the ignition switch and coating contacts with dielectric grease or is there something more going on here?

/ Ignition Problem #2  
I have a DK 35 and the ign switch has a similar issue. I spray the back of the switch with contact cleaner and clean off, seems to solve the problem (for awhile). I think it is because I drive over very dusty (sometimes muddy) roads. I bought a new switch but have not yet installed.

/ Ignition Problem #3  
Consider spraying with the electrical cleaner as mentioned and then putting some dielectric grease on the key before inserting it. :)

Could also spray WD40 into the key slot?:)

/ Ignition Problem
Thanks guys, I will try both of those ideas!:)

/ Ignition Problem #5  
I use an electrical spray right in the keyhole. Not sure if WD40 will have the desired effect or not..

/ Ignition Problem
Thanks, I'll try some!

/ Ignition Problem #7  
My ignition switch in my 2005 CK30HST went "out" early on. I got a new part and disasembled th old one, rather, pried it apart. It appears what happens is the factory grease type material they use upon assembly has a fairly low smoke point as the stuff looked charred and surrounding plastic wasn't. It looked as if the charred grease was insulating the contacts from making good connection if that makes sense. Its pretty cheap and easy to replace. Has been good ever since.

/ Ignition Problem
Thanks! That sounds like it could be the problem. I'll tear into it this weekend.

/ Ignition Problem #9  
Or just replace it, they are very inexpensive.

/ Ignition Problem #10  
i just wish they were in a different place...ive knocked mine into the off position 2 times already...darn knees