engine stalled, fuel shut off fuse, wire harness, dk 50 hst se

/ engine stalled, fuel shut off fuse, wire harness, dk 50 hst se #1  
Tractor
dk50se hst
Well I thought that I only blew a alt/fuel shut off fuse on my DK50 but not so. I found the problem was in engine wire harness. Harthill's Saw and Tractor ordered me a new wire harness. It came in mail, about 10' long and probably 20 connectors. I had to loosen cab bolts and jack up cab. Was able to pull old harness out and got new harness under cab with some help from neighbor. I found where the wire harness was wore and two wires shorted out on a bolt on tractor frame. There was only tape around old harness where point of wear was, new harness has wrap to better protect. It took 400 hours to wear through. Hope new harness last indefinitely. Guess this is an ongoing problem with cab tractors. Going out this morning to finish install. I have titled topic for easy search for those who may have similar problem.

/ engine stalled, fuel shut off fuse, wire harness, dk 50 hst se #3  
Well I thought that I only blew a alt/fuel shut off fuse on my DK50 but not so. I found the problem was in engine wire harness. Harthill's Saw and Tractor ordered me a new wire harness. It came in mail, about 10' long and probably 20 connectors. I had to loosen cab bolts and jack up cab. Was able to pull old harness out and got new harness under cab with some help from neighbor. I found where the wire harness was wore and two wires shorted out on a bolt on tractor frame. There was only tape around old harness where point of wear was, new harness has wrap to better protect. It took 400 hours to wear through. Hope new harness last indefinitely. Guess this is an ongoing problem with cab tractors. Going out this morning to finish install. I have titled topic for easy search for those who may have similar problem.

yeiks. i have a dk45 cab from Hartells. has 56 hours on it. I have tried to add extra shielding on my wire harness due to some problems ive heard on the forum. where exactly did this happen . can the area of wear be seen from under the tractor. theres a heck of alot of wires down there.

/ engine stalled, fuel shut off fuse, wire harness, dk 50 hst se
Tractor is back together and running. Now just need the rain to quit so I can get to work. The point of wear was on the left side of tractor where harness splits. Harness on left side starts at alt. and starter, oil sending unit. Goes back and splits to main harness connector then under cab to other side to relays, headlights, horn, fuel solenoid. Where it wore was at split. 400 hours of bouncing around wore through tape (no other protection) and grounded on chassis bolt. After inspection I could see where it burnt all other wires. Problem started out with oil light flickering on and off. Then tractor was blowing fuel shut off/alt. fuse. We checked and knew it wasn't oil pressure switch and figured it was in wiring. The new harness has protection around wires the entire length. Hope this doesn't happen again. It wasn't a bad fix, about 2 hours. Had to loosen cab bolts, jack up, and run harness under. Paul at Harthills was a big help. Kioti paid for part but not shipping.

/ engine stalled, fuel shut off fuse, wire harness, dk 50 hst se
grsthegreat, how did you like dealing with Paul? I bought my tractor in Rathdrum from Speciality before they went out of business. I see Jordon Sales in Post Falls is a dealer now but I'll stick with Paul, he's been very helpful.

/ engine stalled, fuel shut off fuse, wire harness, dk 50 hst se #6  
grsthegreat, how did you like dealing with Paul? I bought my tractor in Rathdrum from Speciality before they went out of business. I see Jordon Sales in Post Falls is a dealer now but I'll stick with Paul, he's been very helpful.

Paul has been a great help. I got my tractor from him and he has been very helpful. The guy at specialty was kind of a di*&he*$. i bought a few things from him in the past and he wouldn't even help me load the item in the truck. Not sad to see him gone.

I just ordered a dump kit for using a single acting valve (for post hole digger assist hydraulic pump) from Paul. Hes been a great source of info, and has walked me thru installing it. I also just purchased some touch up paint (just in case) from him.

Ive chatted with the guy at Jordan sales also, seems like a nice, knowledgeable guy also. Hes primarily a TYM dealer, but is now also selling Kioti.