Broke my tractoe today.

/ Broke my tractoe today. #1  

Sulla

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20
Moving boulders for a wall and jammed on underneath and bent the steal hydraulic line that supplies the right side forward hydraulics. The pipe pushed up far enough to snap the high pressure hose reading the value box. It's is pushed up about level with the box itself. I either need to bend this back or replace it.

Is it safe to bend it? It is not creased or punctured. Rather the whole line is pushed up.

Can it be replaced with a flexible line?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

/ Broke my tractoe today.
Tried to edit the title to correct my typo, I don't know how. I mean't tractor.

/ Broke my tractoe today. #3  
Moving boulders for a wall and jammed on underneath and bent the steal hydraulic line that supplies the right side forward hydraulics. The pipe pushed up far enough to snap the high pressure hose reading the value box. It's is pushed up about level with the box itself. I either need to bend this back or replace it.

Is it safe to bend it? It is not creased or punctured. Rather the whole line is pushed up.

Can it be replaced with a flexible line?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

I bent one of these years ago on my old JD. I simply re bent it and it worked fine for years. never leaked.

Everyone Ive ever seen is solid, not flexible. not sure why it cant be flexible, but they arn't.
Good luck

/ Broke my tractoe today.
grsthegreat said:
I bent one of these years ago on my old JD. I simply re bent it and it worked fine for years. never leaked.

Everyone Ive ever seen is solid, not flexible. not sure why it cant be flexible, but they arn't.
Good luck

What did you use to bend it?

I'm afraid to do more damage?

/ Broke my tractoe today. #5  
What did you use to bend it?

I'm afraid to do more damage?

on mine, i simply unthreaded both ends, removed the pipe and rebent it by hand. very slowly. it rebent real easy as long as it wasnt under any pressure. Didnt lose much if any oil in the process as tractor was off.

/ Broke my tractoe today. #6  
Tried to edit the title to correct my typo, I don't know how. I mean't tractor.

I forget the way it's supposed to be done- but if you go to the VERY bottom of the page and click on: 'contact us' you can pose your question and they will answer you. Please post what they say so I and others can note the procedure....
Thanks!

BTW, be extremely careful with hydraulic lines; if you end up with any kind of a kink or crease I'd replace the line completely. Never put your bare hand where there may be a leak if there is one it will cut your skin and poison your bloodstream.