Rotary Cutter on FEL?

/ Rotary Cutter on FEL? #1  

acme97

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L35, Kioti DK50SE
I'm in the process of getting a DK50SE HST with the FEL. I'm having a root grapple installed with assoicated hoses etc. It got me to wondering if a hydralic rotary cutter could be mounted on the QH like used on a skid steer. Does anyone know?

/ Rotary Cutter on FEL? #2  
Kioti's site has your total hyd pump flow at 16.8. Is that enough as required by the cutter your looking at?

/ Rotary Cutter on FEL?
I think the lowest flow unit I found was for 18 gpm. I don't know if any would work under the minimum.

/ Rotary Cutter on FEL? #4  
Your aux hydraulics is only 10 GPM, The other 6.8 or so is for the power steering and is a seperate circuit. The pump is actually 2 pumps in 1. One side for steering, the other exterior hydraulics. Im not sure which circuit operates the 3 pt and hydrosat. Any way you do it there won't be enough for a hog. You could get a pto drive pump in 21 GPM or more and run it that way.

/ Rotary Cutter on FEL? #5  
Skid steers have super high pump capacities to run hydraulic motors. Most utility tractors don't because they were designed to use PTO machinery. Any time someone wants to run hydraulic powered machinery on a utility tractor they use a PTO powered hydraulic unit consisting of a pump and large capacity hydraulic tank.

/ Rotary Cutter on FEL?
Thanks, that's what I figured that it would not be enough flow.

/ Rotary Cutter on FEL? #7  
Thanks, that's what I figured that it would not be enough flow.

I also think your machine and loader would be at a significant disadvantage with the weight of the unit hanging away from the loader pins, where you have your most lifting power. And the rotating action of the mower stopped by something like a rock or stump could put undue force on the loader arms. It seems to me the loader is really intended for up and down and not any real side to side forces, especially ones that might be of a jolting nature.
IMHO, I'd go with something like I picked up: a Woods BB72X rear mounted brush hog or equivalent brand/model.

Let us know what you decide.:)

/ Rotary Cutter on FEL?
I'm going with a 3ph 72inch heavy duty rotary cutter. It was more of a question of curiosity on my part. The points about stress on boom arms was one I had not considered. In my idea world would be to have a mulcher that would run on the FEL but again I don't think the flow would support one.

/ Rotary Cutter on FEL? #9  
I'm going with a 3ph 72inch heavy duty rotary cutter. It was more of a question of curiosity on my part. The points about stress on boom arms was one I had not considered. In my idea world would be to have a mulcher that would run on the FEL but again I don't think the flow would support one.

Brand/model/cost of cutter, please.
This info is helpful to us all in making similar decisions.
For instance, I'm in process of deal completion on a Woods BB72X with 6 year gearbox warranty.

/ Rotary Cutter on FEL?
Brand/model/cost of cutter, please.
This info is helpful to us all in making similar decisions.
For instance, I'm in process of deal completion on a Woods BB72X with 6 year gearbox warranty.

It's the New Holland 72inch Galvanized rotary cutter. Not sure of the model number off the top of my head.