CK30 hard to shuttle/shift

/ CK30 hard to shuttle/shift #1  

Kiotikarl

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 Kioti ck30 gear
Hi everybody,
I have a 2010 CK30 with 200hrs, for sometime i have been experiencing hard shuttle shifting. I push the lever in either direction and it doesn't engage completely and when i realese the clutch you can hear the gears grind:( Same thing randomly happens when i put the tractor in first gear. The clutch is properly adjusted, is there anything i sould lube, or i got a bigger problem.
Thanks
Karl

/ CK30 hard to shuttle/shift #2  
I also have a CK30 shuttle shift with about 150 hours. So far no problem. A few threads on here address a similar condition. Check the linkage, there is a fork that could be out of place a little or loose. I am not at home now so I cannot provide a picture or more detail.

/ CK30 hard to shuttle/shift #3  
This might not be your problem at all, but it is simple to check and iif nessary, fix. And it was the cause of my Ck25's 'notchy' shuttle shifting.

There is a little roll pin in the shuttle shift linkage that can work loose or out. It's under the tractor where it attaches to the shaft that goes into the transmission. If it backs out, the slop/misalignment can cause it to not fully engage in eitther direction.

Since I found it the first time I've checked it frequently and tapped it back into place several times. Good luck. Hope for simple! -WSJ

/ CK30 hard to shuttle/shift
Well, update on my own post. Tractor is 571hrs as of now, been to the dealer once and a few times used the at home service, and the problem has only worstened. At such a point that you have to stop the tractor to shift/shuttle, and PTO engagement is even worst.
Could the clutch be faulty, since this has been going on since day one/ brand new:confused:
Anyone ever had any problems with their clutch....?

/ CK30 hard to shuttle/shift #5  
This very well could be a clutch that is out of adjustment. Make sure there is a about 1 to 1-1/2" of free play on the clutch pedal. BTW it is a good idea to come to a stop when shifting the shuttle. Hope this helps.

Since new the tractor has been doing this, dealer has ajusted the clutch many times, but that doesn't appear to do much. From a stop, if clutch is in all the way to the floor, when i shift into foward or reverse, you hear a loud grind and the tractor moves about an inch but not after its been engaged.With the clutch applied, once its in forward or reverse, i keep my foot on the clutch put the tractor back in neutral or in opposite direction, then back the other way and it does not grind. But if i release the clutch then want to shuttle again , the gears grinding. First gear a time wont go in or jumps out. This has been going on since day one, and only worstens.

/ CK30 hard to shuttle/shift #7  
Sounds like a clutch problem. Best to fix it before it damages something else (and even more expen$ive).

I also tend to think it's the clutch, only thing that really pisses me off, is that it's been like this since brand new, and i'm going to have to pay for this. I sent kioti an email about this ..will see what they have to say.

/ CK30 hard to shuttle/shift #9  
Sounds like clutch to me. I've never had a problem. Does the gear synchro work when changing gears on the move ?

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Gear shifting on the go is ok. But if the tractor is in neutral and i shift into first gear either it doesn't want to go in ( no grinding juste not going in ) or it will jump out when the clutch is released. So in order to be able to use first gear, i shift in a higher gear from neutral then back to first gear and its ok....:confused2: