Tractor Questions

/ Tractor Questions #1  

SKOALMAN

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TN65
Hi Kioti Gang,
First Post and been reading for several weeks, but have some questions that I still haven't answered as of yet. You guys seems so friendly and informative, thought I would start here. I am currently Active Army and looking to retire here in 18 months if current situation in the world does not prevent me. I grew up on a Tobacco/Cattle Farm in East Tennessee. Thought life was rough on that MF 135, But for some reason my memories seem to remember the good and that ole MF 135 is always a part of those good times!
Now, my questions:
Never finished mowed with a Tractor, does it mow as smooth as a regular mower?
Does the weight of the tractor compact and make ruts in the yard?
I am looking at property from 7 up to 50 acres presently. Naturally more land means a bigger tractor. But isn't a Kioti DK 35 too heavy for lawn mowing? I mean can a DK 35 take care of the Garden Plowing, Post Hole Digging, Pond Digging, Bush Hogging and still give a manicured looking Mow job?

Hope my questions don't seem to silly. Just been a while since I rode that MF Raking or baleing hay all day. I have more questions, but thought that with the experience here, These questions would be that start point.Look forward to your responses.

Thanks!

/ Tractor Questions #2  
Welcome! I think with turf tires, a lawn that's on solid ground should handle it fine. You might be able to go smaller if you end up with closer to the 7 acres. If you're not buying right now, they have some new machines coming out shortly that look real promising. I would also check out Century and Mahindra, great competitors to Kioti.
Pacesetter

/ Tractor Questions #3  
Might be pushing it some, I mow with a New Holland TC29D. It weighs around 2600 lbs with out the mower. I looked up your DK35 and weighs around 3600lbs.

My tractor with Industrial tires will leave some ruts on a lawn that is two years old. My neighbor has a John Deere 955 with turf tires and he has to watch it also. I don't know how much his tractor weighs but his lawn is a good ten years old. Both of us just have to kind of watch it some, make sure it is pretty dry before going out.

My industrial tires also will leave what I call indents in the grass that disapear by the next day.

Based on the acreage of 7 your tractor is plenty big, but 50 is probably kind of small. How many acreas will be you want to do finish mowing. You may think of the larger tractor but get your self a good riding lawn mower for finish mowing if your going to just have one or two acreas.? Just a thought

Murph

/ Tractor Questions #4  
I subscribe to the theory that lawn mowers do excellent lawn work and tractors do tractor work. Nethier does the other's job well. The DK-35 is a mighty fine small tracor. It would do a good job of mowing large open lawn acreage. BTW: I grew up in East Tennessee, spent 21 years in the Air Force, and have been back in East Tennessee for almost 24 years now. Hope the world situation treats you well! Ted DK-45

/ Tractor Questions #5  
<font color="orange"> </font> i have a lk3054 with turf(filled) tires and it does not tear up my lawn. and i plan on mowing with it this summer, if winter does eventually end. also thank you for serving the country. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Tractor Questions
Back from TDY. Thanks for all of the Input. I know that I must decide on property first. I think it is so great to get different opinions. Nice to have a variety of experience to draw from.