Joined the Bladeless Fan Club

/ Joined the Bladeless Fan Club #1  

steve0413

Silver Member
Tractor
DK45Se HST
After being down a couple of weeks with a leaking hydraulic line on my DK45, I got her going Friday only to back over a hidden 1" tree that managed to work it's way underneath to the fan. As with others who have done similar, the tree cleanly took off all the blades on the plastic fan. Fortunately, I stopped before it got into the radiator. However, I did notice a puff of mist/smoke/gas? and my A/C stopped working. I have only done a quick look and haven't found any damaged lines yet, but obviously something sprang a leak somewhere.

After reading other posts, I have seen some who have replaced the fan without removing the radiator. I can probably handle that, but I'm concerned about the A/C problem (which I know nothing about) and am tempted to take it to the dealer and have them do all the repairs. We are having 100 degree days here and believe me, the tractor is useless with a cab and no A/C.

Any recommendations on what you'd do? I do have insurance ($500 deductible) which should cover the repairs. Is the fan replacement fairly simple? Can any mechanic help with the A/C problem? The dealer is 130 miles away which will mean over 500 miles to deliver it and pick it up after repairs, but I know it'd be repaired right.

/ Joined the Bladeless Fan Club #2  
After being down a couple of weeks with a leaking hydraulic line on my DK45, I got her going Friday only to back over a hidden 1" tree that managed to work it's way underneath to the fan. As with others who have done similar, the tree cleanly took off all the blades on the plastic fan. Fortunately, I stopped before it got into the radiator. However, I did notice a puff of mist/smoke/gas? and my A/C stopped working. I have only done a quick look and haven't found any damaged lines yet, but obviously something sprang a leak somewhere.

After reading other posts, I have seen some who have replaced the fan without removing the radiator. I can probably handle that, but I'm concerned about the A/C problem (which I know nothing about) and am tempted to take it to the dealer and have them do all the repairs. We are having 100 degree days here and believe me, the tractor is useless with a cab and no A/C.

Any recommendations on what you'd do? I do have insurance ($500 deductible) which should cover the repairs. Is the fan replacement fairly simple? Can any mechanic help with the A/C problem? The dealer is 130 miles away which will mean over 500 miles to deliver it and pick it up after repairs, but I know it'd be repaired right.

Any auto service shop or equipment shop that does A/C can work on your system, at least test it and find the leak if it has one. It uses R134A refrigerant like any car or mobile equipment.