Tractor width vs. Implement Width

/ Tractor width vs. Implement Width #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
The Kioti DK45 shows as being 63.9 inches in width. Do most of you run 6 foot implemets so you cover the tractor's tires? I'm considerng a 6 foot rototiller and brush hog. Any problems pulling either with this tractor? Would the same line of thinking be used in sizing a box blade?

Also, what width 4 in 1 loader would you reccomend? I know they go up in weight as they get wider so it impact the loader's strength. It's looking like I can't trade the existing standard 72" bucket on the tractor in on a 4 In 1 so I was thinking of buying a smaller 4N1. Maybe a 60"? Thoughts?
Thanks

/ Tractor width vs. Implement Width #2  
I can't speak to the other implements, but I have a DK45HST and it handles a LandPride 6ft rotary cutter just fine. Now, I am not trying to mow down any small forests or anything, but for light cutting its great.

I also just obtained a 6ft box blade but have not played much with it. I choose 6ft to cover my tires. I figured I could just reduce the depth of cut if it becomes an issue.

/ Tractor width vs. Implement Width #3  
I run a 6 foot snow blower, 7 foot box blade, back blade, landscape rake, 6 foot bush hog with ease. The bush hog has cut down tall grass and 1 to 2" alders with no problems.

Lloyd

/ Tractor width vs. Implement Width #4  
You can run 6' attachments easily with that CUT. I can't think of a 6' attachment you can not run - mower, tiller, box blade, finish mower, seeder, ect. For a rear blade or landscape rake I would go at least 7' so you can angle it properly.

Why would you ever consider a 60" 4in1 bucket? Less width than your tractor is a bad move. I vastly prefer a bucket wider than the width of the CUT. I like to have the bucket 6-12" wider than the tractor. Much easier to get closer to stuff without the tractor rubbing or hitting. The amount of weight between a 60" and 72" 4in1 bucket for a CUT is about 80-100 lbs. Most mid and larger sized CUTs can lift way more than a 72" full bucket can hold, even if it is a 4in1.

/ Tractor width vs. Implement Width
The tractor I'm looking at already has a bucket so I'm esentially buying another. Thought the smaller bucket would be easier to use in wooded areas and I'd have the standard 72" to fall back on for other uses I've been checking out grapples since I posted this and may go that route instead of the 4N1.
Thanks

/ Tractor width vs. Implement Width #6  
I'd have the standard 72" to fall back on for other uses I've been checking out grapples since I posted this and may go that route instead of the 4N1.

A couple pics for ya....
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/211635-grappling-fun-picture-thread.html

Depending on what your going to use it for, a grapple will do far more than a 4 in 1, however it comes at the cost of inconvenience to change out the bucket for 4in1.
Then again, a 4in1 could be a better choice for your particular situation. i know I would love to have one in addition to my grapple. I find that I very rarely have my standard bucket on anymore.

/ Tractor width vs. Implement Width #8  
The tractor I'm looking at already has a bucket so I'm esentially buying another. Thought the smaller bucket would be easier to use in wooded areas and I'd have the standard 72" to fall back on for other uses I've been checking out grapples since I posted this and may go that route instead of the 4N1.
Thanks

If you are mainly buying the 4in1 for the grapple, then yes consider a true dedicated grapple instead. Lighter in weight and will lift a lot more volume of material than a 4in1 grapple. A 4in1 can not pick up a lot of material well. The grapple in on the bottom and it is just the 2 bucket halves that create the clamp. A true grapple bucket is much better. I have a 4in1, construction grapple, and bucket with grapple and a utility/tine grapple. Depends on the material you want to pick up, which is the best. For brush and trees, I like the tine grapple best because the for tines allow me to easily stab trees and brush and the grapple opens widely. The tines also let the brush and tree fall off easy. However, a true utility/tine grapple can bend the tines unless they are HD, or if your loader can not lift too much you will be ok.
The construction grapple is probably the most HD of the grapples and yet give some dirt/sand bucket capability.

/ Tractor width vs. Implement Width
If you are mainly buying the 4in1 for the grapple, then yes consider a true dedicated grapple instead. Lighter in weight and will lift a lot more volume of material than a 4in1 grapple. A 4in1 can not pick up a lot of material well. The grapple in on the bottom and it is just the 2 bucket halves that create the clamp. A true grapple bucket is much better. I have a 4in1, construction grapple, and bucket with grapple and a utility/tine grapple. Depends on the material you want to pick up, which is the best. For brush and trees, I like the tine grapple best because the for tines allow me to easily stab trees and brush and the grapple opens widely. The tines also let the brush and tree fall off easy. However, a true utility/tine grapple can bend the tines unless they are HD, or if your loader can not lift too much you will be ok.
The construction grapple is probably the most HD of the grapples and yet give some dirt/sand bucket capability.

Thanks for the information. I am getting it mainly to move trees that I'll be clearing. Any brand you'd reccomend over another? I see quite a few people on here like gator.
RJJR

/ Tractor width vs. Implement Width #10  
I have to work on slopes, cross narrow forest tracks and creek crossings and work in forest plantings. The implements, front and rear on my Kioti DS45 are about the same width as my tyre tread about 5ft 2 inches