Wheel/Rim fell off.

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #1  

Sinecure

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST
It would of course have to happen on the hottest day of the year.....

I have a DK45SE HST. 350 hours

While driving (in 2 wheel mode), I heard a sharp crack of metal on metal and then the entire left front wheel assembly came of the tractor.

No sounds, noises, rubbing, etc prior to it happening. I performed a check of the tractor prior to jumping on since it has been about a month since last use.

Here are my questions/comments:

The teeth/gear on the thread coming off the rim look ok. No shearing noticed.

The teeth inside the axle tube/unit look ok also.

There is a metal ring that appears to fit inside the axle mount assembly which is broken and sheared.

The O ring is toast.

There also appears to be a ball bearing on the wheel/rim side that looks a little worse for wear.

Question one: How bad is this type of damage?
Question two: Can I fix it myself?
Question three: What parts do I need.

To add insult to injury - my local dealer is no longer in business with Kioti.

All help/comments appreciated.

Pics Below:

Attachments

• IMAG0173.jpg
    IMAG0173.jpg
    797.3 KB · Views: 507
  • IMAG0174.jpg
    IMAG0174.jpg
    952 KB · Views: 515
  • IMAG0175.jpg
    IMAG0175.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 470
   / Wheel/Rim fell off. #3  
Amen on the colors, it looks to have broken the retainer key on the hub. it appears to be a Painful experience, amazing like my front hub design.

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #4  
1. you broke the retainer clip that keeps the works in the axle...

2. It appears from the color of the oil coming out that maintenance intervals for you are non-existent

3. You need a dealer because the axle has to come apart, or at least the outer section.

4. Your camera needs to go in the trash.:D

Considering the color of the oil, I suspect other things are happening inside, not good things either.

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #5  
I disagree about the camera. These are better pics than a lot I have seen in fine art galleries. I think you may have a future with a Farmer's Fine Art Series in a fancy NY art gallery. :thumbsup:

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #6  
I disagree about the camera. These are better pics than a lot I have seen in fine art galleries. I think you may have a future with a Farmer's Fine Art Series in a fancy NY art gallery. :thumbsup:

I looked at the pictures and I thought I was 16 again and doing some good hash..............:laughing:

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #7  
Before all you maintenance experts start trashing this guy and saying he's not maintaining his tractor you ought to get some decent pictures you can't tell what color anything is.

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #9  
So unbolt the hub section, get a new snap ring and "O" ring from the local ACE hardware store and get back to business. If they don't have it, take a plane back to South Korea and get the OEM parts.

If that;s the worst thing that happens to your machine, consider it good luck.

Good Grief, Charlie Brown....

/ Wheel/Rim fell off. #10  
So unbolt the hub section, get a new snap ring and "O" ring from the local ACE hardware store and get back to business. If they don't have it,

If that;s the worst thing that happens to your machine, consider it good luck.

Good Grief, Charlie Brown....

try NAPA for the parts if you carry in the old one and the stub of the axle. you could use sealant on the gasket if it is ruined. Top off the oil to the axle or Besure to change the gear oil after you have ensured it isn't leaking a lot...drain it from both sides...