Loader CK30 FEL lifting weight?

/ CK30 FEL lifting weight? #1  

harleyboy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti ck30hst
The loader on my CK30 2010 model will not lift when full of dirt! When i had the BH added months ago i asked them to check the relief vavle and was told it was alittle high at2700psi. i know the newer tractors have smaller buckets. I guess all i can do is recheck it. has any one experenced this?
HB

/ CK30 FEL lifting weight? #2  
If I'm not mistaken, the new KL130 loaders with the QA have a larger bucket than my 2005 model pin on bucket. If my bucket is heaped with sand or gravel, it lifts the load but is working pretty good. The QA bucket is slightly farther away from the fel pivot pins than mine, due to the QA adapter, which would lower the lift capacity slightly.
I remember members commenting on the new bucket style when it came out. They liked the larger bucket but also, like you, questioned the lift. Without putting words in his mouth, I believe Rick Wallace (Wallace Tractor) mentioned the larger capacity would hinder the lifting of heavy materials if the bucket was fully loaded. Maybe Rick will see this and comment.

/ CK30 FEL lifting weight? #3  
Same thing here with my 2010 CK30 gear. The QA makes the bucket farther away from the loader, which in turn lowers lift capacity and break out force, adding to that is a really bigger bucket than the older pin on design. I have cut my bucket so it's pretty much the same size as the older pin on bucket. Major difference in perfomance, although it reduces bucket capacity, so i bought a 66inch light material bucket for snowplowing.

/ CK30 FEL lifting weight? #4  
Something is not right. My CK30 Hydro bucket peaked full of gravel/dirt would lift no problem. Are you talking a dead lift or are you driving into the pile then trying to lift? If you are in the pile you need to lift and curl and drive in slowly all at the same time. It takes some practice but it will keep you from having to back up.

If it fit in the bucket my Ck could lift it. When I bought the DK40 I had the dealer swap out the Kioti bucket for a Woods bucket that has 1/3 more capacity and the tractor can still lift it full of gravel or dirt.

/ CK30 FEL lifting weight?
Interesting Motorseven
here is a picture of my bucket could you post yours?
Pay no attention to the snow in the picture it's not here now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMGP1372.jpg
    IMGP1372.jpg
    708.4 KB · Views: 734
   / CK30 FEL lifting weight? #6  
That is a very large bucket for that size loader...
I have a Stoll FC 350 on my New Holland and the bucket on it is 1/2 that size...
I don't think that anything is wrong with your loader...
It looks like they put a bucket larger than the lifting capacity of the loader...

/ CK30 FEL lifting weight? #7  
That does look like a HUGE bucket for the loader.

/ CK30 FEL lifting weight? #8  
Interesting Motorseven
here is a picture of my bucket could you post yours?
Pay no attention to the snow in the picture it's not here now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

That is the newer and larger bucket that Kioti uses for the QA. Besides the bigger size, you'll see the formed ridge on the side panels. The smaller bucket is flat on the sides with an extra 3/16 by 3 inch or so stiffener welded to the front edge. This is a picture of my bucket.

Attachments

• DSC02504.jpg
    DSC02504.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 1,862
   / CK30 FEL lifting weight? #9  
Yep, Victors is the same bucket my CK30 had. HB, I don't think your problem is the Q&A or the bucket size, something is wrong with the plumbing/pump/valves/cylinders.

The new KL130 bucket level(not heaped) volume is about 7 cubic feet. A cubic foot of gravel weighs a littl over 100lbs, so a bucket will have max 700 lbs in it which is well under the max lifting capacity of the loader. But, your relief valve kicking in at 2700psi does not help matters...it should be 2000psi. I would get them to fix the relief valve and try it again.

Even heaped it's 10 cubic yards & your tractor should lift it. But I have to be honest, one of the reasons I traded the CK was lift capacity due to the fact that I was picking on things that were well above the Ck's weight limit. The KL401 is a beast of a loader but even so I have found some things it can't do....a 24"x16' fresh white oak log for instance.