Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2011 DK45SE cab

Default dk 45 glow plug light

I have a new DK45se with 31 hours on it and yesterday while using the tractor the glow plug light comes on and off every few seconds. Has anyone else had this happen or know what is causing it .

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Default Re: dk 45 glow plug light

Sounds like a loose connection or a short. Check the relays on the firewall for a loose harness connector.
    Is yours a cab tractor? I believe there have been some harness issues on some cab tractors that cause erratic electrical faults- though I can't remember specifically what the issue was or how it manifested itself. Check all electrical connections, starting at the battery.
    Maybe someone who remembers what the specific electric issue related to short harness wiring can chime in?
    Try a search for harness issues.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    2011 DK45SE cab

Thanks Coyote mine is a cab tractor. I will check all connections today and see what I can find.

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

I went and added the split plastic wiring covers from napa on all my undercab wiring harness wires after a few people here have had wire rubbing issues with the harness wires.

it took maybe 15 minutes to do , and i feel safer now
    there are a few places where the harness wires can rub and chafe thru. The plastic sleeves should prevent this from happening (i hope)
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by kiotimiike View Post
    Thanks Coyote mine is a cab tractor. I will check all connections today and see what I can find.
    You're welcome. If you do not find something obvious make sure to do a search of threads from the last several months on this issue. You may have to remove some panels to get to remote harness areas alongside the frame or under the cab floor to track it down.
    Keep us apprised of findings.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

KM, before you crawl around under your tractor, grab some dielectric grease. No sense in pulling apart plug-in connectors unless you are going to grease them before putting them back together. The DE grease will help prevent future corrosion/connection problems.
    Tractors & auto makers really need to step up and do this at the factory...I would save a lot of folks including the mfgs a lot of time & $.
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

I had same problem with my DK45 with less than 50 hrs. It turned out to be a bad ignition switch.

Tractor
    2011 DK45SE cab

I checked all connections and found no problems with any of them. I used the tractor for another hour today and it never came back on. I called the dealer and he to said that it could be a loose connection and would send someone out to look at it. I'll keep you all posted.

Any word from the dealer? I have a dk45hse and the glow plug light is now not illuminating at all. I'm going to take a look at the relay connections and then try to interpret the service manual tests.

J

Tractor
    KIOTI DK40SE

Just a note on the pre heat relay . I was working on my engine stop relay and found it was not located as shown in my shop manual . It was located where the starter relay was shown . Page 11-3 . At least the book got me close lol.
    Dk40se ss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast