Backhoe KB2465 storage cradle

/ KB2465 storage cradle #1  

JonKioti

Silver Member
Tractor
CK-20S HST
Hi everyone,

I've just finished a 20' x 22' storage barn for everything else I have around. My plan is to store the attachments not in use in it, namely the backhoe and loader during the winter; the snowblower and snowblade during the summer.

I saw a company that supplies backhoe storage cradles for Kubota backhoes; it allows you to wheel it about once it is off the tractor. Has anyone seen something similar for the KB2465?

I would like it to be able to move about on suitably sized steel castors so I can disconnect it in the middle of the barn, raise the outriggers, and roll it off to the back corner.

If any of the dealers out there have such an animal, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jon

/ KB2465 storage cradle #2  
You might be able to buy from H Depot or TSC pre-made dollies with smaller casters that might do the job without a lot of expense.
Since the KB-2485 is built on a frame it would allow for customizing placement of the dollies or attaching boards to them to set-up a custom rig which you would then drop the hoe on and wheel it to the corner for the winter. H. Depot sells them for about $20 each and I've moved a lot of heavy stuff with them.

/ KB2465 storage cradle #3  
One of the members here has built a moveable cradle for his bh to do the same thing you want to. I think it was a KB2475. I can't find the post but give it a few days. I'm sure he'll post a picture of his.

/ KB2465 storage cradle #4  
Hi everyone,

I've just finished a 20' x 22' storage barn for everything else I have around. My plan is to store the attachments not in use in it, namely the backhoe and loader during the winter; the snowblower and snowblade during the summer.

I saw a company that supplies backhoe storage cradles for Kubota backhoes; it allows you to wheel it about once it is off the tractor. Has anyone seen something similar for the KB2465?

I would like it to be able to move about on suitably sized steel castors so I can disconnect it in the middle of the barn, raise the outriggers, and roll it off to the back corner.

If any of the dealers out there have such an animal, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jon

Harbor freight has movers dollies that work fine. 4 on the corners and you can roll it all over the garage. Works fine if you have a concrete floor.

/ KB2465 storage cradle #5  
Anybody have plans for that storage cradle? I just bought 4 harbor dollies and ready to build! 7.99 each!

/ KB2465 storage cradle #6  
Here is a picture of a Storage Skate design we developed and used for a couple customers requesting the same type of solution.

Hope this helps, hope the link works..... Storage Skate Plans.JPG

/ KB2465 storage cradle #8  
built one this week with scrap lumber and harbor dollysIMG_7174.JPG