Loader CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity?

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity?
To answer some comments: The photo is a feature on this site. Automatically reizses if too large.

I don't intend to use the clamp-on forks for much more than moving fence posts, lumber, a light pallet load (less than 400 lbs). I do have the quick disconnect bucket model CK30. I'm not going to be using forks routinely, so the clamp-ons will be ok.

I'll be very careful not to over load the bucket. Thanks for the warnings and tips.

Used it today with a small pallet. Loaded 4 sacks concrete (40 lb bags) at a time and lifted them up to the mouth of a cement mixer. Made the chore of loading the mixer much easier. I won't have the BH on the tractor when the steel is delivered, so not enough ballast to try.
Thanks all

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #12  
Bsvly, since I lost the bet, you really need to save up for a set of Q/A Pallet Forks....mine are by far the most usefull attachment that I have. Not only do they save your back, but you can build a platform/manlift to reach high safely. I think they are the best $750 I spent in a long long time and I use mine weekly.

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #13  
You are going to need some ballast, especially if you are lifting it off the bed of the trailer. 600 lbs that far out in front of the machine is not a trivial lift. I am not as optomisitic as the others.

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #14  
Here is what I went to when I sold my Bucket forks. Well worth the $657
in my opinion as it gets the load much closer, to the pins and weighs less than the bucket, so you gain lift ability there also. And you can see so much better. Not that bucket forks can't work, I just think these are better.

Construction Attachments 42" Compact Tractor loader Pallet Forks CAL-1PFCMPSM42

James K0UA

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #15  
Because pallet forks have no moving parts, they can be purchased used and will be just fine. I sold an extra set I had last week for 325.00.