Loader CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity?

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #1  

BSVLY

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Howdy

I just bought a pair of Payne aluminum clamp-on bucket forks for the CK30 HST

AL1200R.jpg

I have a shipment of steel coming and it weighs around 600#s including the pallet.

Is this bucket fork arrangement really going to lift that load extended out on the bucket? Will the CK30 HST handle it?

Anyone with a similar set up ever lifted 600 #s?

Thanks

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #2  
While I dont have a CK30 or the Payne forks, I have no doubt it will lift the 600 lbs. I have a L3400HST, and when I had the clamp on forks, they easily lifted a 500 lb rotary cutter, and that sticks out probably more than your steel load will. I am assuming the steel will be closer to the pivot pin than that rotary cutter. The loader on the L3400HST is similiar in size and capacity to your CK30. Make sure you have a heavy implement on the back or ballast box. Your manufacture reccommends 700 lbs on the back.. Mine is 750 on the Kubota. I think you will be fine..

James K0UA

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #3  
If you can get all the way under the pallet and curl it, it will lift it. Keep an eye on your bucket though because the add on forks can put weight in odd places and bend it. Go easy...no bouncing.

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity?
thanks guys.

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #5  
Let us know how it worked out.

James K0UA

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #6  
I have been lifting 600# & 800# round bales with my CT225/CK27 with the bale fork mounted in the bucket. No problem lifting just need plenty of rear balast. Cutting edge of the bucket might bow. Mount a hook at top of the bucket and run a chain or heavy ratchet strap to the cutting edge.

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #7  
Nice forks!:thumbsup:
? What photo program are you using that says to click on the bar for closer view?
Thx.

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #8  
I have been lifting 600# & 800# round bales with my CT225/CK27 with the bale fork mounted in the bucket. No problem lifting just need plenty of rear balast. Cutting edge of the bucket might bow. Mount a hook at top of the bucket and run a chain or heavy ratchet strap to the cutting edge.

SS, that's a good idea to keep it from bending.

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #9  
Be VERY CAREFUL not to bend the bucket, I had a DS4510 in my shop this week where the bucket was tore up on the bottom. The guy told me today it was from clamp-on forks. A new bucket for that tractor is $650. A set of regular 42" forks to fit on the frame is @ $850. I don't recomment clamp-on forks for that reason as well as your load is way out front and decreases the lift capacity.

/ CK30 HST-1200# Bucket Forks-True Capacity? #10  
TT I bet BSLY has an older CK30 that does not have a quick detach system. I had the same problem before I traded up to the DK, so I built bucket forks that hung on a 2x2x1/4" "L" channel that I welded across the top of the bucket...it worked great. I was not crazy about the clamp-on's so I used a pair of used brick forks(got them free) to fab up.