Kioti Compression tester

/ Kioti Compression tester #1  

Tango

LK3054

I have rebuilt injector pump, injectors. I have disconnected fuel lines from pump ( all squirt great) I have removed injectors and put one on each line to check for injector spray 9All work great.
When I R/R the injector pump I was told that the gasket (metal) was the timing guage, so there was really no timing adjustment to worry about. But there was a slot that a pin had to go in like a fork,( this was to shut the fuel on and off by the pull cable?) So far if there is something wrong let me know.

It still will not run.
I have yet to do a compression test. Does anyone know what the threads etc are for this compression adaptor. I have a VW one but it does not fit?? Anyone know where I can get one??

Specs on compression?

Am I missing something before I outlay money for a compression tester?

On inspection of the intake manifold and looking into valve stem area I see black diesel like stuff on the end two cylinders.

I was dragging a driveway very slow it ran perfect I shut her down and two days later she would not start. They said 2 injectors were bad and then it wouldn't start and they said the pump needed to be rebuilt so I did and voila it still doesn't run. It turns over great, I ebven put a new battery in it.
Help before it becomes an artificial reef in my pond. Thanks Skip Fort Pierce Florida 772-359-3821 if you want to chat I'll call you back.

I have had the areas top Diesel dog make 2 appts. to come out and never show, no calls, I call him and the call gets dropped.....Imagine that I guess its a Fort Pierce Thing!!!!!!! :laughing::thumbsup:

/ Kioti Compression tester #2  
Wish I could help but have not had this problem yet. But I understand your frustration with people who "no call no show" good luck. I'm sure someone on here knows what to do.

/ Kioti Compression tester #3  
when you spin the engien over, do you get any smoke out of the exhaust? if so, what color.? and do the glowplugs work?

/ Kioti Compression tester
When engine spins over not much smoke at all if any maybe grey. The glow plugs worked. I had tested each one for resistance and also pulled them out one by one and tested on the lead wire and they came one. Today ( as suggested by someone else in my area) I started to test wires with a circuit tester and I am not getting juice to the glowplugs. I don't even get the red light on the dash when I go to preheat the plugs.
I haven't asked this yet. Does this LK3054 need any other electrical components other then the glow plugs to actually start. Someone said their might be a safety lock out on it.
when tracing with the circuit tester the fuse panel on the firewall the number 10 slot is not working (I get juice on one side of the bayonet and not on the other, changed fuse the same deal, I even pulled a known good fuse and still it does not work. Do you know what the slots 7,8,9, 10 control My decal has faded. There also seems to be a top row which I am assuming are spares because of nothing with the circuit tester.
I think I might have found the compression tester which fits. It will read the compression through the glow plug hole. I bought a shop manual but it won't be here till next week. Might you know what the compression readings should be ? Thanks Skip I have vowed to fix this baby since the Diesel Doctor is too good to even call me. just a vent!!!:thumbsup:

/ Kioti Compression tester #5  
There could be a safety interlock on it.. but typically, they prevent starter engagement, so it would never spin over. I assume that the fuel shutoff solenoid (if it has one) is functioning. It has a good supply of fresh fuel and the filter is clean?
As for compression readings, I do not know what # you will see, but I would mainly look for them to be within 20-30 lbs of each other.
The glowplug parts should include, but not limited to, the glowplugs, wires from them back to a heavy duty relay/solenoid then a low amp. power source back to a switch to operate the solenoid.
I would get the glowplug circuit working... if nothing else, to eliminate it as a possible issue.

/ Kioti Compression tester #6  
If you turn the key backward and your glow plug indicator does not glow red, the circuit isn't getting power.
Look to see if the glow plug indicator is burnt out if so, you found your problem.
I have seen very few Kioti's not start because of low compression.
The only ones were really really bad.

A bad key switch can cause the circuit not to get power.

BTI