Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti 3054xs TLB

Default Re: Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue

Quote Originally Posted by tcartwri View Post
    I'm a little bit astounded that the dealer would rebuild the starter, based on the scenario you described.

The click you use to hear, is the fuel shut off solenoid, not the starter. I'm not familiar with your particular kioti, but the first thing I would look at is the ignition switch, since you have power to the dash cluster. Lots of threads on the no start issue on the kiotis and bobcats, including my own.
    The 3054 has no fuel shutoff soleniod;manual fuel cable only
    2004 3054xs
    1231 FEL
    Markham tooth-bar
    2376 BH, 9 and 18 inch buckets
    DR PTO chipper
    Blizzard B74 sno-blower
    250 hrs

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    CT235

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    The 3054 has no fuel shutoff soleniod;manual fuel cable only
    Thanks.
    Tim.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    CT235

Quote Originally Posted by mohican View Post
    Hey Tim - When you bypassed the switch, did you just cross the wires before the ignition switch? Sorry to sound like a dummy, but well..... Did you pull the ignition assembly and soak it WD 40 or spray it in place? Thanks again for your help.
    Sprayed it in place. In my case I turned the ign to run, and then jumpered the starter solenoid. ( Battery + >>> starter solenoid spade terminal )

I will defer to someone who actually has your particular machine though.
    Tim.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

I suggest beginning at the beginning: the battery. Make sure there are no dead cells and that the ground AND positive cable connections are not corroded, or compromised in any way. Sometimes the actual cable becomes corroded inside the sheath and is hard to discern without cutting into the sheathing to see.
    Your battery has a date code on it - not when you bought it but when the mfg. made it. It may seem to be OK, but if there is a question then take it and have it load tested. Once the battery is completely validated then move on to other possibilities like ignition switch, etc.
    Post back results.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kioto LK3054

Thanks for the advice. I did yank the battery and had it tested. Turned out full charge and holding charge. Have not looked at the sheath. Will do so tonight. Right now, I am willing to try everything recommended that does not involving buying a new tractor!

Tractor
    Kioto LK3054

Tim - I'll also spray the switch. The last few chores have been in very dry and dusty conditions and I have not kept it covered like normal. Thank you again.

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

I have heard that alot of Kioti open station tractors have had issues with their key switches from moisture. It doesnt affect the cab units.
    'That is why the dealer probibly looked at the switch first. If its not the main fuse or in the fuse box, and the battery has tested Ok under a load you would thing it would have to be the ground issue.

Have you tried to start it by jumping battery with your truck??? I was wondering if they did a load test on the battery? A bad battery can still show 12 volts, but under a load it can drop off drastically. My Chevy van pulled this cra& with me 2 weeks ago. I drove it to the supply house just fine, then it wouldnt turn over. Lights worked just wouldnt crank. I pulled out tester and it showed 12 volts. I had someone check it when i cranked it over.....8 volts. A friend jumped the rig and i drove to NAPA. New battery later all is well again. Its amazing how fast those things can die.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    Kioto LK3054

Thanks for the information. I did try to jump it off and it struggled to turn over. It would not start. the cables becam very warm after a few minutes so I stopped the jump. The more info I get, I am suspecting the ignition switch. I will recheck the ground cable and then spray out the switch with WD 40.

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by mohican View Post
    Thanks for the information. I did try to jump it off and it struggled to turn over. It would not start. the cables becam very warm after a few minutes so I stopped the jump. The more info I get, I am suspecting the ignition switch. I will recheck the ground cable and then spray out the switch with WD 40.
    when you jumped it, did you connect the ground jumper cable to the FRAME..... just thinking that if it is a cable issue, this might get it to turn over
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    Kioto LK3054

Now, I did not do that. That would make even more sense. Now teh cable is looking more suspect. If its not working well, it woiuld act as a barrier between the boosted electrical output and the frame.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast