Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Default Re: Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue

Quote Originally Posted by mohican View Post
    Now, I did not do that. That would make even more sense. Now teh cable is looking more suspect. If its not working well, it woiuld act as a barrier between the boosted electrical output and the frame.
    thats what im thinking. give it a try. If it cranks over alot better, then id suspect a cable issue. There have been numerous posts here about guys having to replace the ground wires and install a new bolt where they hook into the frame
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

Check your ground where the ground cable bolts to the frame. Take the cable off and clean the cable end and frame were they connect.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Tractor
    Kioto LK3054

Update - Replaced the grounduing cable and cleaned the ignition switch with WD 40. No start or clicking. The only thing that happens when I turn the key to the right is that the dash lights come on. Turn the key to the left and the coil won't heat up. The blinkers work.

1) Is the ignigition switch bad and if so, how can I test it?
    2) Are there any safety switches involving a bush hog that I can access and reset or replace? I have a mower attached at the moment.
    3) Are there relay switches to look at and if so, how do I test them?

Thanks to you all in advance for your advice. I'm learning alot and hopefully this thread can help the next fellow in line for a setback like this.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Update - Replaced the grounduing cable and cleaned the ignition switch with WD 40. No start or clicking. The only thing that happens when I turn the key to the right is that the dash lights come on. Turn the key to the left and the coil won't heat up. The blinkers work.

1) Is the ignigition switch bad and if so, how can I test it?
    2) Are there any safety switches involving a bush hog that I can access and reset or replace? I have a mower attached at the moment.
    3) Are there relay switches to look at and if so, how do I test them?

Thanks to you all in advance for your advice. I'm learning alot and hopefully this thread can help the next fellow in line for a setback like this.
    Assuming this hasn't been answered by now- if your mower PTO switch is in the on position your tractor will NOT start.
    If you want to test your ig switch best to buy a service manual for your specific tractor. It contains lots of useful info and wiring schematics.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kioto LK3054

Well - I found the issue. It was a bad positive cable.

Tried jumping at the starter and got nothing. We started working back and at first thought the battery was bad. We tested it with the cables on and go nothing. Started to replace it and decided to test the battery w/o the cable and it looked great. Then tested the cable and it failed.

From the outside, it looked great, so it was the last thing we'd have considered - no rust or corrosion.

Thanks all for your help.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Well - I found the issue. It was a bad positive cable.

Tried jumping at the starter and got nothing. We started working back and at first thought the battery was bad. We tested it with the cables on and go nothing. Started to replace it and decided to test the battery w/o the cable and it looked great. Then tested the cable and it failed.

From the outside, it looked great, so it was the last thing we'd have considered - no rust or corrosion.

Thanks all for your help.
    EXCELLENT! Sometimes things like positive cables do go bad- unusual, but not outside the realm of possibility. Would have been real easy to overlook- good job tracking it from battery back one part at a time, not overlooking anything!!
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    CT235

Seems to me I've heard this story from Kioti owners a few times now.
    Tim.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

As mentioned, electrical problems can be a pita but if you start at the beginning and go to the end, something usually shows bad. Don't take any shortcuts. They seem to just come back to bite you.

The one trick I used with the ground cable to frame, 5 years good so far, is clean as mentioned and use copper anti-seize on the cable end, frame contact area, and bolt. The copper in the anti-seize seems to keep a good connection and the petroleum base of it keeps corrosion away.
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by tcartwri View Post
    Not just kioti.... it occurs on alot of tractors that are left out in the whether. Lets face it cold and moist conditions are not friendly to electrical devises.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

Quote Originally Posted by tcartwri View Post
    I've had to clean up the ground where my cable bolts to the frame.
    But thats the only problem I have had. Never a cable.
    My tractors a 2001 model and I'm still running the original battery.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast