Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #1  

mohican

Tractor
Kioto LK3054
Any help or advice is appreciated.

I have a LK3054 with 762 hrs. When I turn the key, nothing happens. No clicks, buzzing, nothing. Prior to this, I would turn the key and at least I would hear the starter click. Contacted my dealer and he advised to recheck the ground and make sure its not rusted. I pulled it off and cleaned terminal and tried again. Still no start. The dealer said it must be the starter. Took it in and they rebuilt it. Reinstalled and now nothing happens when the key turns. The dash lights come on, but nothing else. I have traced th3 wiring and can't find any breaks or shorts.

Any ideas on what I need to look at and how I should proceed?

Again, thanks for your advice.

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #2  
I had a problem that sounds identical to yours on my JD. Turned out to be the batt. lead for the neg. terminal.

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue
What diod you have to do? Clean it or replace the terminal?

Thansk for taking the time to respond.

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #4  
My friend is a mechanic and he ended up finding the cause and fixing it when I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure he trimed an inch or two off the lead and all was good. It had us stumped for a while the previous day. We could follow power all the way to the ignition switch, but turning the key did nothing.

Thanks for letting me know. I'l definitely look again at that cable and terminal. This has been an expensive mystery so far and I feel like a bonehead for not solving it sooner.

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #6  
...I feel like a bonehead for not solving it sooner.

I'm no mechanic, but this stumped my friend who's a mechanic for the city of Ottawa, working on heavy equipment, for quite a while. Electrical issues can be a nightmare. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #7  
I'm a little bit astounded that the dealer would rebuild the starter, based on the scenario you described.

The click you use to hear, is the fuel shut off solenoid, not the starter. I'm not familiar with your particular kioti, but the first thing I would look at is the ignition switch, since you have power to the dash cluster. Lots of threads on the no start issue on the kiotis and bobcats, including my own.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check those threads out as well. Did you replace or clean your ingnition switch?

/ Engine will not start/ Electrical Issue #9  
Thanks for the reply. I'll check those threads out as well. Did you replace or clean your ingnition switch?

I wound up bypassing everything and jumpering the starter. In my case soaking the switch with WD40 cured it.

If you wind up bypassing the switch please make sure the machine is in Neutral!

Hey Tim - When you bypassed the switch, did you just cross the wires before the ignition switch? Sorry to sound like a dummy, but well..... Did you pull the ignition assembly and soak it WD 40 or spray it in place? Thanks again for your help.