sea foam

/ sea foam #31  
I don't doubt you at all. That sequence makes perfect sense.
Cart runs poorly.
Add Seafoam.
Cart runs worse.
Change filter.
Cart runs great.

But until you eliminate the uncontrolled variables from the "test", you have to wonder how much the filter change helped vs the additive.

Except for stabilizer, I remain skeptical wrt additives. Even the refinery chemists agree that those who store fuel or engines with fuel should stabilize that fuel.

==========

Hi Whiskey

Thanks for your post and I do agree with you. But aren't we each basing our conclusions based on uncontrolled variables? You have doubts the stuff works and that's fair enough. I took a quick shot from the hip based on an experience and think it might actually work. I admit I got a "D" in chemistry but that's Ok too b ecause this is just a discusion board. Heck, If there is ever to be a cure for cancer it might come from just this sort of a bs session.

rimshot ;-)

/ sea foam #32  
==========

Hi Whiskey

Thanks for your post and I do agree with you. But aren't we each basing our conclusions based on uncontrolled variables? You have doubts the stuff works and that's fair enough. I took a quick shot from the hip based on an experience and think it might actually work. I admit I got a "D" in chemistry but that's Ok too b ecause this is just a discusion board. Heck, If there is ever to be a cure for cancer it might come from just this sort of a bs session.

rimshot ;-)

:) I got a D in "playing with others". Sorry if I was too intense.

/ sea foam #33  
:) I got a D in "playing with others". Sorry if I was too intense.

You are doing just fine Whiskeywizard. Your observation was well founded and appreciated. Thanks for your response.

rimshot

/ sea foam #34  
I've use seafoam with great success.
If/when the motor gets started, spray it in the air filter hole of the small engine till the engine dies.
Wait a couple of minutes, start the engine. If the problem was old gas junk, when you start the engine, it will blow white smoke for a bit, then run like a champ.

Easy enough to try before you go to work on the carb..
Works for me..

/ sea foam #35  
I forgot to add it to the gas I had in the leaf blower. I got it started and it would only idle, when I throttled it up it would almost die. It had about 1/2 tank of gas in it. I added an ounce of Seafoam to the gas in the tank and let it run for about 20 min and then started throttling up the motor it took a few tries but it finally started working properly. I also have the same problem with one of my chainsaws. I have not tried it yet but will. I know a lot of people doubt that any additives work but this is one I like and use.

/ sea foam #36  
The 6HP pressure washer was surging like crazy with about 1/2 tank of gas and I dumped in about 4 oz and it cleared up after a while.

Sea Foam does work when build up is the issue.

/ sea foam #37  
I forgot to add it to the gas I had in the leaf blower. I got it started and it would only idle, when I throttled it up it would almost die. It had about 1/2 tank of gas in it. I added an ounce of Seafoam to the gas in the tank and let it run for about 20 min and then started throttling up the motor it took a few tries but it finally started working properly. I also have the same problem with one of my chainsaws. I have not tried it yet but will. I know a lot of people doubt that any additives work but this is one I like and use.

I suggest before using the Seafoam that you remove the in tank filter which is attached to the end of the fuel line going into the tank and use compressed air to blow out any gunk inside the filter. Or better yet replace the filte,r and if still having problems then use the Seafoam. I don't know what brand saw you are referring to but I know all my Stihls use an in tank filter which should be changed annually at a minimum. Make sure the filter goes to the bottom of the tank when reinstalling it.