sea foam

/ sea foam #1  

lockhaven

Veteran Member
Tractor
kioti ck30
Has anyone used sea foam in their oil and fuel? i was reading about the stuff and it looks like it would be a good thing. But like most things there could be some hidden problems that the manufacturer forgets to mention.

/ sea foam #2  
I just bought a gal of it and added it to my mowers and tractor fuel. I have used it in my boat for two years. No problems so far, that I know of.

/ sea foam #3  
I've also used Sea Foam for a couple of years. I cannot say it does any good but it pretty clearly hasn't done anything bad.

/ sea foam #4  
I got two cans and put in the truck .... one in the gas tank and the other in the cup-holder of the console. I can't tell, if the truck is running any better or not. I thought it might be running a little better, but, I also think, it runs better after being washed. :confused:

/ sea foam #5  
I have used Sea Foam for years, mostly when performing a decarbon procedure on two stroke engines. It is great for removing carbon. I also put a small amount at least once a year in all my two stroke engine tanks. I also use it for a fuel stablilizer in the two stroke engines for winter storage. It's been around for a long time which would seem to indicate that it is worthwhile. That said, I have not tried it in any 4 stroke engines, but I have heard that it does not harm them.

/ sea foam #6  
Just started using it. Riding mower has been surging when the engine is low RPMs. Thought maybe Seafoam would clean the carb but so far no difference. Maybe problem isn't dirty carb so really can't pass judgement on the product.

/ sea foam #7  
Thanks for the thread. I have never heard of Sea Foam before but it appears that I have gained valuable info. Where do you purchase this product? Perhaps at the Auto Parts store?:):tractor:

/ sea foam #9  
O'reily's has it in gallons. The TSC stores have pints. Quantity is always cheaper.

It works really well for reconditioning older 4 strokes that suffer fron gunked up carbs and carboned up combustion chambers.

So does Berryman B12 Chem Tool.