Do you attach top link when using back hoe?

/ Do you attach top link when using back hoe? #1  

Donfi

Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Dealer called me today to advise me not to use the toplink when I attach the back hoe. He said the hoe is supposed to flex and if top link is connected this flex could damage the transmission housing. That being said I am still unsure if the toplink needs to be connected or not.

DLF

/ Do you attach top link when using back hoe? #2  
Dealer called me today to advise me not to use the toplink when I attach the back hoe. He said the hoe is supposed to flex and if top link is connected this flex could damage the transmission housing. That being said I am still unsure if the toplink needs to be connected or not.

DLF

NO, DO NOT connect the top link. This question has been asked and answered recently. Suggest doing a search first before posting something that may have been answered previously.
It saves time, and keeps things better categorized for those doing searches on already answered questions. And if your dealer, who you hopefully trust tells you NOT to use it- why does the question remain?:confused2:

/ Do you attach top link when using back hoe? #3  
I found this after reading this post. I had a 3PT Hitch backhoe and moved up to a four PT frame mount. There are holes for a third point of attachment on both. Otherwise the hoe would just pivot on the lower 2. Perhaps you could provide some pics or some other info to clarify this please.

/ Do you attach top link when using back hoe? #4  
I have had a 1520 ford with a 3 point back hoe (about 15 years) always connected the top link exactly the way the dealer advised never had problem. How do you move the machine around with top link disconnected. He did strongly advise against any passengers sitting on the back hoe in transport or adding any weight in the bucket while in motion he also said never use the transit hook so I never do. The back hoe is used on 2 tractors by 5 different operators (3 generations).no problem with either tractor or the hoe.

/ Do you attach top link when using back hoe? #5  
Most Kioti's use a subframe mount, not a 3 point. The top link is not used. Simple. :thumbsup:
Oh, I forgot to mention, the backhoes are made with a toplink mount because they are designed for either style mounting system, 3 point or subframe. Again, when used with a subframe, don't use the top link mount.

/ Do you attach top link when using back hoe? #6  
Now iget it could not visualize the BH with out the top link. The manual on the DK 40 does not allow the use of 3point back hoes.

/ Do you attach top link when using back hoe? #7  
Now iget it could not visualize the BH with out the top link. The manual on the DK 40 does not allow the use of 3point back hoes.

That's right! DK-40 Kioti uses a SUBFRAME mounted backhoe, and Kioti does NOT want it to be used with a top link. Sandlot also stated this above.
Case closed. ! :)

CM out.