Kioti's new black paint - what is it?

/ Kioti's new black paint - what is it? #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
The new black that replaces the gray that used to be used until recently...
Does anyone know what color it is? Is it available from someone other than Kioti?

I was pressure washing the mud off the back end of my DK-40 where the draw-bar attaches and the entire plate and everything around it just flaked off??!!
None of the other paint was damaged, and I was not trying to burn off the paint with a high pressure nozzle, but that area went down to the old gray color; which maybe Kioti used as their base color for the early round of new color tractors?
All I can figure was maybe the area was not properly prepped prior to spraying it with the new black.

Any ideas?:confused:

I just want to apply the new black to match it up with the rest of the tractor's paint.

Thx.,

CM :thumbsup:

/ Kioti's new black paint - what is it? #2  
CM,

I'm in the same boat, I need to do some touching up and I haven't been able to match it to anything off the shelf at the stores yet. May have to take an engine side panel in to a paint supply shop and see if they can match it and mix a pint/quart for you. I'm thinking that is my next step. Anyone done this yet??

/ Kioti's new black paint - what is it?
CM,

I'm in the same boat, I need to do some touching up and I haven't been able to match it to anything off the shelf at the stores yet. May have to take an engine side panel in to a paint supply shop and see if they can match it and mix a pint/quart for you. I'm thinking that is my next step. Anyone done this yet??

ghk7890,

What do you need to touch-up on your Kioti?
I like your side panel color match idea.:thumbsup:
So when are you doing the match up?:)
As you said: anyone matched the paint color yet...?

/ Kioti's new black paint - what is it? #4  
I have a couple of nicks on my support arms (from the day I bought it...the metal straps from shipping scratched both of them), I have a small nick - down to the metal on one of my side panels (no idea how that got there???), but more importantly, the side of my hydraulic valves (for FEL under the deck on the right side) is flaking off big time and I need to get the surface rust off of it and get it repainted. And I want to touch up the 3pt arms a little. Will probably look to get an enamel type paint so it will last a little longer.:D

I have a couple of nicks on my support arms (from the day I bought it...the metal straps from shipping scratched both of them), I have a small nick - down to the metal on one of my side panels (no idea how that got there???), but more importantly, the side of my hydraulic valves (for FEL under the deck on the right side) is flaking off big time and I need to get the surface rust off of it and get it repainted. And I want to touch up the 3pt arms a little. Will probably look to get an enamel type paint so it will last a little longer.:D

I'm thinking from what both you and I have seen that Kioti just took gray tractors and went over them with the new black. Seems also that some areas the paint didn't get too well prepped and it flakes off to easily- possibly because they decided to spray over existing enamel with the black without spraying directly over primer, as would be the norm?!
Thoughts on this conjecture?
Can you shoot pics of the worst area so I can see if it looks like mine?
I noticed in the PTo shaft area it is as if they did some prep and then there is an area where the black stuck and another where there is nothing but gray. :confused2:

/ Kioti's new black paint - what is it? #6  
Here's my biggest need for "black paint". It started out the size of a nickel and it has grown to what you see now. Probably will take a wire brush...also have one for a drill I can use, clean it up and get it primed and then painted. While this doesn't affect its performance, it is annoying to watch the paint keep coming off.:mad:

Attachments

• IMG01640-20111002-0933.jpg
    IMG01640-20111002-0933.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 227
Here's my biggest need for "black paint". It started out the size of a nickel and it has grown to what you see now. Probably will take a wire brush...also have one for a drill I can use, clean it up and get it primed and then painted. While this doesn't affect its performance, it is annoying to watch the paint keep coming off.:mad:

Yep, I hear you on the need to get to it before it gets worse. If you could sandblast the area that might be a good start to get it primed while we figure out what color the black is.:cool:

/ Kioti's new black paint - what is it? #8  

The Kioti dealers don't have the correct black paint available in spray cans???

BTW: look like New Holland/Case black to me, srs.

Before priming use a good wax/grease/silicone remover. Those cast parts especially really soak up oils. I buy it in a spray can-spray on wipe off with a clean rag. It dries in 2-3 minutes. Autozone has it in spray can form or your local Napa store has it as well.

I would never sandblast. A stiff wire brush at the end of a drill will take off that minor rust without any problem.

The Kioti dealers don't have the correct black paint available in spray cans???

BTW: look like New Holland/Case black to me, srs.

Before priming use a good wax/grease/silicone remover. Those cast parts especially really soak up oils. I buy it in a spray can-spray on wipe off with a clean rag. It dries in 2-3 minutes. Autozone has it in spray can form or your local Napa store has it as well.

I would never sandblast.

Kioti probably has some cans but I'm looking for something off the shelf for the right price, if readily available.
Why no sandblasting to remove rust?:confused:
What's a New Holland/Case: Is that one of those new German beers?:D
Thanks for the suggestions.

/ Kioti's new black paint - what is it? #10  
Kioti probably has some cans but I'm looking for something off the shelf for the right price, if readily available.
Why no sandblasting to remove rust?:confused:
What's a New Holland/Case: Is that one of those new German beers?:D
Thanks for the suggestions.

I just bought some NH black for 7.99 a can from my dealer. The NH paint has way thicker pigments and quality than off the shelf Krylon/Rustoleum and I expect the Kioti paint will be the same way.

I would never sandblast that tractor because that sand goes everywhere and will cause contamination problems with other parts on the tractor. I would not want to risk it getting into the engine/transmission or other moving parts such as the pto seals let alone the fuel tank. Sand will be coming out of every orifice on that tractor for years to come.

A needle scaple on a drill will take that rust/old paint off quicker than you masking/blanketing off the tractor getting ready to sandblast.