Glow plug operation

/ Glow plug operation #21  
These tractors are equipped with a variety engines of different design, although all indirect injection. The ck20, being the entry level unit will probably not have the sophistication of a more expensive unit; heck my '04 LK3054xs TLB has a manually operated glow plug feature as well as a manual fuel control for shut-down, not that I'm complaining, manual is good

My 2011 DS4510 is also a manual operated glow plug and that's the way I also like it: the fewer switches and relays, the better.

/ Glow plug operation
3 weeks is a long time. I'd go see the dealer in person and pin him down to what they are doing or going to do to fix the problem. The glow plug circuit is fairly straightforward...shouldn't be a big mystery.

I think I will need to do that, have been calling on the phone but it doesn't seem like they know what they are doing. Have been asking around about the dealership and a few people have had issues in the past with getting things fixed. Problem here in CT, is no one is really ambitious on anything. When I was looking for a tractor, I called and emailed the 3 kubota dealers in the state and not one of them got back to me, and I contacted them more than once. This dealer was willing to make a deal and we are happy with the Kioti instead. There is a dealer in New York which is actually closer to me than this one is so next time I go there.

/ Glow plug operation #23  
My glow plugs are manual via turning the key counterclockwise

I use just about every start uless she's hot

Joel

/ Glow plug operation #24  
I think I will need to do that, have been calling on the phone but it doesn't seem like they know what they are doing. Have been asking around about the dealership and a few people have had issues in the past with getting things fixed. Problem here in CT, is no one is really ambitious on anything. When I was looking for a tractor, I called and emailed the 3 kubota dealers in the state and not one of them got back to me, and I contacted them more than once. This dealer was willing to make a deal and we are happy with the Kioti instead. There is a dealer in New York which is actually closer to me than this one is so next time I go there.

Don't know where you are in CT, but if you're anywhere near RI there's a dealer in Charlestown, Pat's Power,http://www.patspower.com/, that is supposed to be good. I'd look into trying them in future, or get a referral to another dealer closer to you who has a good rep to fix things.
(I'm in that general area during the summer when at my summer home, on the shore of CT. Actually, I know a guy who bought from them and is happy with his DK-35,( now that the brain cells are kicking in...):)

/ Glow plug operation #25  
The operation of the CK20S' glow plugs differs from what the manual describes. In the manual, it states that glow plugs only operate if coolant temperature is below 165F. In reality, the glow plugs come on every time you start.

As others have said above, I will not wait for them to cycle off if the engine is already warm.

/ Glow plug operation
tractor is ready, so I will see how it turns out. Talked to another dealer about this issue and he said that if the glow plug stays on after engine is started, then you can ruin the glow plugs, the dealer who is fixing it says you can't hurt it. Thanks for all the replies.

/ Glow plug operation #27  
Just out of curiosity, what about the dealer I suggested? Anywhere near you?
Did you by chance contact them for info RE: your always glowing plugs?
And glad to hear you have the problem fixed- hopefully!:thumbsup:
Post back your findings.:)

/ Glow plug operation #28  
My CK20 does the same thing as everyone elses in this thread. Warm or cold it still comes on before I start it.

/ Glow plug operation #29  
Glow plugs will come on nearly every time you start but depending on engine temp there will be a shorter period when the engine is hot. Usually very briefly. My CK 30 has always been this way and I am an A grade mechanic and certainly thats the way I see they should operate.
I live in a sub tropical climate and the 30 will start even if I don't wait for the glow light to go out. The glow plugs don't warm the fuel as someone suggested, they raise the air temperature in the cylinder which helps the fuel spray vapourise and ignite better.

/ Glow plug operation
this dealer is not near me, I am on the western side of the state (not that the state is huge) but I called another dealer in NY and he told me that if the glow plug doesn't shut off after starting and I use the machine anyway, I could ruin it. I am picking it up on Saturday and will let you know how it works.