Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Default Glow plug operation

What is the correct way for the glow plug to work?it comes on first start of the day, but if I shut the tractor off and then turn the key back on, is glow plug supposed to come on again?

Tractor
    Kioti DS4110HS

Default Re: Glow plug operation

The glow plug would only come on for the initial start because it preheats the fuel.

Unless the tractor cools down significantly the glow plug would not come on again.
    Kioti DS 4110 HS Tractor, Patu Chipper,
    Log Splitter, Wallenstein FX 90 Winch,
    Metavic 1150 Log Wagon

Poor People Can't Afford to Buy Cheap.

Tractor
    Kioti CK20(Gear)

On my CK20 the glow plug comes on every time I start the engine. Once it is warmed up and I am restarting it, I seldom wait for the glow plug light to go out before cranking it up but it does come on.
    Kioti, CK20(Gear), Loader, Backhoe, Box Scraper, and Post Hole Digger.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

The glow plugs do turn on when the engine is cold. There is a glow plug relay that does get a temperature signal and if below a certain temp, sorry I don't remember the temp, they will turn on again. Michigan Iron had advised the temp in a previous post. If the engine was in normal temp range, turned off for a few minutes, outside temp dependant for cooling of the engine, the glow plugs should not turn on.
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh

Tractor
    Kioti CK20(Gear)

Mine have come on every time, hot or cold. Has been doing it since the first day.
    Kioti, CK20(Gear), Loader, Backhoe, Box Scraper, and Post Hole Digger.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti ck20

My ck20 the light comes on everytime too. But as previously stated I don't wait if Eng is already warm.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

thanks for the info, the dealer told me that it is supposed to come on everytime it starts, which I don't think so. He already changed the ignition and the timer and it is still not right. He has had it almost two weeks now and just had to order another part.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Maybe the CK20 is different than my CK30hst but my glow plug light doesn't come on when the engine is reasonably warm.
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

that is what I've always seen Victor, glow plug comes on when engine is cold and not when it is warm. On my CK30, that is how it was working but then the light would stay on after it was started for quite a while. But dealer is telling me that it is supposed to go on everytime the key is turned on. Beginning to wonder about the dealer.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp View Post
    What is the correct way for the glow plug to work?it comes on first start of the day, but if I shut the tractor off and then turn the key back on, is glow plug supposed to come on again?
    Possibly a more accurate question is: "Does your tractor start when you turn the key to cranking- when the tractor is up to operating temp, in ambient temps that are above 40 ~ 50 degrees F ?"

If you are having trouble starting at these temps try turning the key toward cranking but stopping before the engine cranks, one 'click' back- the glow light should come on - and you can hold it there for 20-30 seconds to allow the glow plugs to preheat the chamber for extra starting ease.
    Note: the above statement MAY NOT apply to the CK series- but it does to the DK's. And on DK's the light does NOT light after initial cold start UNLESS the temp of the engine calls for it through the relay/ temp sensor.

Hope this helps.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast