Nova Scotia

/ Nova Scotia #1  

Leroy Brown

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti ck20
I've noticed a lot of people on this forum are from Canada and in perticular from Nova Scotia. The wife and I took a two week vacation in August and rode the motorcycle / sidecar up there.
It was the best vacation I've had in some time. What a beautiful part of the world, and how lucky you are to live there.
We rode from central Indiana up there and can't wait to come back. We meet so many nice people. We even made it all the way up to Meat Cove.

image-3228346355.jpg

/ Nova Scotia #2  
It is beautiful, glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed it. Was no doubt made easier by your mode of travel, nice machine! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Nova Scotia #3  
Awesome looking ride Leroy, wish I'd seen it in person, and you as well naturally GBG.
Glad you like the area, I live 'bout 4 hours or so from Cape Breton, just outside Halifax in Hardwood lands. Around the Cabot Trail this time of the year is great with the leaves all changing.....Mike

/ Nova Scotia #4  
I live on the Cabot Trail...about 1 hour south of Meat Cove. Glad you enjoyed your trip. Those mountains are certainly nice on the bike. Lots of bikes doing the trail this weekend, colours won't be at their peak for another week. Come again

/ Nova Scotia #5  
A friend and I decided to ride around the cabot trail from Halifax a few weekes ago. It does have some nice scenery but there are many places just as good without having to deal with Parks Canada. Was there a lot of construction sites when you went thru? There about 6 different sites when we rode it but we didn't mind as it was sometimes nice to get off the bike for a few minutes (smile)

How much time did you have here?

I hope to do a tour of the Vermont area next year. did you come up that way?

/ Nova Scotia
Yes we did come through Vermont, it was the only one of the 50 states I had never been in. Not all on the bike unfortunately. But now I can do them again. As for Cabbot Trail we were there in Aug. And just about froze, 50 deg and lots of rain, Meat Cove was a trip in the rain the road was all mud. But we did it smiling the whole way.
We really enjoyed Mahone Bay, and also Brier Island. Seen lots of whales. We will be back, unfortunately work interferes with life.

/ Nova Scotia #7  
Glad you enjoyed the trip.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Next time take the trip during late Sept. or Oct. Paint Season time.:thumbsup:

/ Nova Scotia #8  
Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Come back... and bring friends:thumbsup:

/ Nova Scotia #9  
My wife and I traveled much of NS and NB, PEI and QC late this August and early Sept. We "winged it", without any firm plans and no hotel bookings. We had a great time. Put 5800km on the 4Runner. :thumbsup:

As Leroy said, Brier Island is a highlight if you enjoy whale watching, Cabot Trail for the scenic vistas, Chester NS up to Peggy's Cove for friendly people, etc, etc.

/ Nova Scotia #10  
Leroy,

Glad you enjoyed the trip and our hospitality. So, you were the blue swoosh that went by my place(Mahone Bay area)! My Dad would be impresed with that machine. With a family of eventually seven, I and my next older brother, missed the side car venture. In the early and late 50's that was my family's(5 people) mode of transport. Can't remember which bike - he had BSA, Indian, Norton and Triumps. Indiana... that's a long run!