one project done

/ one project done #1  

carhartt56

Bronze Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK40SE
My first of many projects this fall I hope . Since I mostly mow with my tractor , the fel is off most of the time and a mower hanging off the back . So I wanted a way to move my tailer around without adding or taking off something from my tractor . I picked up a piece of angle off the job 4x3x3/8 and a short receiver tube from the local farm supply and cut , drilled ,welded , painted and 2 longer bolts . This is how it turned out . I might buy or build a carrier for it to carry things to the woods later !

Attachments

• 1318801233085.jpg
    1318801233085.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 1318803121624.jpg
    1318803121624.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 1318803194880.jpg
    1318803194880.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 228
   / one project done #3  
That looks like a great way to spend the day to me!

Only down side is you have to still use the jacks on the trailers .. but that beats putting the FEL on off every day !!!

Tractor on

/ one project done #4  
I had a bar made that fits on the quick disconnect for the FEL. That way I take the bucket off put the bar on. The bar has three 2" receivers (middle and each side) on it so that I can have a ball or a hook or a pintle on it, or all three. I had this cockamamie idea that I could put three 2"x 10' square pipe in the receivers and use it for an extension boom. Well---- you will be surprised how fast the lifting capacity falls off when you get out a few feet from the fulcrum point.
I am not as clever as you guys at welding, so I had it made- must say it has not been used much, just to move the boat or the log splitter around but I am still thinking about other uses.

/ one project done #5  
I like your idea, but my FEL stays on all the time. This past weekend I looked at various alternatives for a two inch ball because I wanted to pull my jet skis out of the water. I do not have a normal ramp, just some a rip rap slop on one side of the property that only a tractor or a four wheeler can navigate. I would not think of trying to get the truck up and down or through the tight lane to get there.

Anyway, I had a FEL and box blade on the tractor. I do not have a welder so was looking for a place to drill holes to bolt in a receiver. Have not figured it out yet, but plan to keep at it. For the chore this weekend I just removed the box blade, pulled out the draw bar, and pulled the boats out of the water.

/ one project done
lakngulf I have seen a 2" ball mounted on a rear blade before , so that may be an option for you .
DK40SE