Tractor
    kioti ck25

Default Kioti CK 25 Preheater problem

I am new to this site, but sure glad I found it. I followed members advice on cleaning dirt and dust from the relays. Now it starts perfectly. Thanks guys.

I do have another question. Moving in and out of 4 wheel drive is quite the effort, especially from 2 wheel to 4 wheel. I have lubed all visible pivot points. Does anyone else have this problem?

Silver Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Full line of KIOTI Tractors, BEFCO and Worksaver Implements

Default Re: Kioti CK 25 Preheater problem

Here's a little trick...

Go slowly in reverse, step in the clutch before coming to a stop. Once the tractor stops rolling, try shifting the 4-wheel drive lever.

The joint that needs to be kept lubricated is where the shifter shaft goes thorough the transmission case. You need to spray penetrating lubricant right at where the shaft goes through the case, work the shifter, and repeat a couple times. That is where they get a little sticky.

Hope this helps,
    Michigan Iron and Equipment, LLC
    www.michironandequip.com

Tractor
    2009 Kioti CK20S HST, 1937 Oliver 60 RC, 9 Case VA Series tractors, 222 Case & IHC Cub Cadet

Quote Originally Posted by kzwooly View Post
    ........ Moving in and out of 4 wheel drive is quite the effort, especially from 2 wheel to 4 wheel. I have lubed all visible pivot points. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Have you tried moving the tractor to relieve torque build-up in order to shift in or out?
    2009 CK20S HST - KIOTI Loader & backhoe, backblade, 3-point scoop, FEL/3-point forklift attachment, 5-ft. brushhog

Other tractors: 8 CASE VA Series, 1 Oliver 60, CASE 222 & IH Cub Cadet + 2005 DODGE-CUMMINS w/NV5600 manual, Jake, B&W Goose, EZ tow & etc.

Tractor
    kioti ck25

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganIron View Post
    Here's a little trick...

Go slowly in reverse, step in the clutch before coming to a stop. Once the tractor stops rolling, try shifting the 4-wheel drive lever.

The joint that needs to be kept lubricated is where the shifter shaft goes thorough the transmission case. You need to spray penetrating lubricant right at where the shaft goes through the case, work the shifter, and repeat a couple times. That is where they get a little sticky.

Hope this helps,
    Thanks, I will follow your advice. You guys rock. By the way, my nearest dealer is 280 miles away. I would love to do business with you. Miles don't matter.

Tractor
    kioti ck25

Quote Originally Posted by mj007 View Post
    Have you tried moving the tractor to relieve torque build-up in order to shift in or out?
    Yes, and it works going from 4 wheel to 2 wheel but not opposite. Txs

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

The worst area is as MIE mentioned. Where the shaft goes through the case. Mine, at first, was hard to shift also. I used some penetrating oil first and moved it back and forth many times to loosen it up. Then I used spray white lithium grease. Used the lithium about once a week for several weeks. It now moves easy except when there is pressure on the gears as mentioned. Gentle, barely moving forward or back works for me. If you have a fel, lift the front tires off the ground and try to shift. It should shift easily. If it does, that's just the pressure on the gears making it stiff. If it doesn't, keep lubing.
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh