CK25 BLOWN HEADGASKET

/ CK25 BLOWN HEADGASKET #1  

RADDAD50

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK25 Gear, year 2006
I have a CK25 with 478 hours, the headgasket blew today. Do you have to remove the fuel tank to replace the headgasket ? I have changed many headgaskets on gasoline engines. Are there any special tools needed. I was looking at the online manual and it looks pretty straight forward.

Thanks, RAD

/ CK25 BLOWN HEADGASKET #2  
Don't think the fuel tank has to come out but not sure. I would take the hood off rather than work under it, and take loader if it has one. No real difference in gas or diesel procedure, remember to set valve clearance.

/ CK25 BLOWN HEADGASKET #3  
You may want to get new head bolts for reassembly. A while back another member changed his gasket only to snap one bolt when he torqued them back down to spec. They may be one time use like they use on many cars and trucks. The cost is reasonable considering the amount of time he spent removing the head again to retreive the broken bolt.

/ CK25 BLOWN HEADGASKET #5  
THis seems to be a re-occuring theme...
I am wondering if re tourquing the head every 100 hours would prevent this failure.
As Victor already suggested, REPLACE the head bolts!!.. apparently these are torque-to-yield bolts and should NOT be reused...
Maybe rather than retourque, another bolt manufacturer should be sourced??..

/ CK25 BLOWN HEADGASKET #6  
THis seems to be a re-occuring theme...
I am wondering if re tourquing the head every 100 hours would prevent this failure.
As Victor already suggested, REPLACE the head bolts!!.. apparently these are torque-to-yield bolts and should NOT be reused...
Maybe rather than retourque, another bolt manufacturer should be sourced??..

"Torque to yield" that's a good name for them. On a VW TDI they use many "stretch bolts"...same thing. As you torque them down the threads actually stretch out locking the bolt in place and this is why they are a one time use only bolt. Many of timing belt jobs by owners have failed because they re-used the old bolts, which causes pistons to hit valves...not good.

If I am not mistaken, Kioti includes new bolts with the new gasket...maybe a Dealer can confirm.

/ CK25 BLOWN HEADGASKET
They headbolts do not come with the headgasket. I ordered them with the new headgasket they are $5.25 each and there is 14 of them. I will post when I find out what caused the gasket to fail if it is the gasket, I'm hoping it ins't a head or block warp or crack. Also you can't get to the back head bolts without removing the gas tank.

/ CK25 BLOWN HEADGASKET #8  
I think you'll be happy that you spent the 70 bucks or so for the new bolts. It sure beats the hours spent pulling the head again if a bolt breaks. Of the members that have posted their findings after changing the head gasket, none have mentioned a warped head or block. They found a bad part in the gasket that let lose, reinstalled with the new gasket, and the engine now lives on without a problem. Good luck with your repair.

/ CK25 BLOWN HEADGASKET #9  
Not sure if Kioti requires a re-tourque, but I'm about convinced that it would be something that you might consider doing every 100 hours or so...

/ CK25 BLOWN HEADGASKET #10  
If they are stretch bolts I wouldn't be in a hurry to retorque them since they are already stretched. You just might find the yield point and ruin your day.