Loader GOOD GRIEF!! My GRAPPLE FELL OFF today!!!!!

/ GOOD GRIEF!! My GRAPPLE FELL OFF today!!!!! #21  
Reading this makes me glad my grapple is 'pin-on'.. It takes longer, but it ain't gonna fall off..:laughing:
No way.
The skid steer type quick attach is the way to go. (my older Kioti has the 2 lever system.)
A QA is a must have item on my machine.

/ GOOD GRIEF!! My GRAPPLE FELL OFF today!!!!! #22  
Ive been using my single lever Kioti for about 10 months..it lock very tight...takes alot of force to unlatch it.

A grapple is openbacked and allows stuff to hit the levers. Just tie some wire around the latch when using grapple...problem solved

/ GOOD GRIEF!! My GRAPPLE FELL OFF today!!!!! #23  
Brokermike said:
I have a DK40 and a grapple and it did the same thing, multiple times. I now keep a heavy duty bungee cord wrapped around the lever...never had a problem since

I do the same thing. One of the trucker solid rubber "bungees". I actually started using it for a different reason: the lever wouldn't stay up in the unlocked position while I was mounting implements. I welded a little loop on the tip of the lever and put the bungee hook through with the other end on the bucket level indicator rod. After locking I wrap once around the bottom mount and back to the loop. Never had an issue with the grapple popping off since.

/ GOOD GRIEF!! My GRAPPLE FELL OFF today!!!!! #24  
I converted my full sized loader backhoe bucket to a Universal Quick Attach system used on skid steers. At the time, I thought it was a great system with a large selection of attachments to buy.

Once up and running, I realized that the QA system wasn't very secure when my grapple started falling off. After contacting the company that I bought the grapple from and getting nowhere, and posting questions on here, where nobody else had this problem, I came up with a way to bolt it on.

I welded on some brackets that I made and I use eye bolts that I can buy over the counter. They do a great job of holding it together and it's faster to take them off and put them on then dealing with the handles of the QA system.

After messing around with those handles, and always cleaning them out, I realized that they didn't do anything. All they where doing is making life harder because of how much debri built up inside the housing. The bark would come off of the trees when using the grapple and fill up the housing to the point the handles wouldn't work. It would take hours to get them cleaned out enough to operate them. I tried sealing the openings, but nothing lasted and then I realized that I didn't need those handles or that pin.

Once I took them out, and relied totaly on the eye bolt, my dream of a quick change from one attachement to another became reality!!!!!

Eddie

Attachments

• 177.jpg
    177.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 501
   / GOOD GRIEF!! My GRAPPLE FELL OFF today!!!!! #25  
I have my Quick Attach adjusted so it latchs down tight.
Once I lock the levers down my attachments are NOT coming off.

/ GOOD GRIEF!! My GRAPPLE FELL OFF today!!!!! #26  
My Kubota had one of the very first LA853 loaders, I had to add a factory shim kit as it didn't lock the pins down hard enough and the forks would jump off. It broke the tips of the pins off too.

After the kit you can pick the tractor up on the fork tips without trouble. The levers never ever move on their own. They are quite firm.

/ GOOD GRIEF!! My GRAPPLE FELL OFF today!!!!! #27  
My Kubota had one of the very first LA853 loaders, I had to add a factory shim kit as it didn't lock the pins down hard enough and the forks would jump off. It broke the tips of the pins off too.

After the kit you can pick the tractor up on the fork tips without trouble. The levers never ever move on their own. They are quite firm.
Have you got any pics of the before/after? Thanks,
larry

/ GOOD GRIEF!! My GRAPPLE FELL OFF today!!!!! #29  
Can't really say it looks any different. The sleeve is inside.

I can't picture this sleeve/ shim. Where does it sit? What does it do?

/ GOOD GRIEF!! My GRAPPLE FELL OFF today!!!!! #30  
Mine has done that with my forks attached. Dump a log on the pile and every now and then BAM! ! ! the forks go with the log. I put a wire around the lever in a loop and that solved the problem. I should add it only does it with my forks. Blade and other bucket work fine. Only real bug ive found in my DK35SE HST. Nice machine.