hydraulic filter connections - how?

/ hydraulic filter connections - how? #1  

ERE

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 HST
Got my parts for replacing the rock destroyed hydraulic filter mount. I can't work on it until Weds, but have a question after a quick look. My question, for anyone who has disconnected one of these before, is how do the steel hydraulic lines connect to the mount? There are no threads or visible means of keeping the line in the housing. It sort of looks like the line is just stuffed into the hole with an o-ring on it. If that so, I guess I will have to find the other end of the lines and loosen them to have enough play. Anyhow, it looks sort of hinky to me and any advise would be appreciated.

/ hydraulic filter connections - how? #2  
   / hydraulic filter connections - how?
East Texas Equipment-Your source for Kioti Parts & Engine Replacement Kits....

This site offers schematics of Kioti tractors and should give you some insight into how it all fits together. Just follow the instructions for selecting your tractor. CK 25, Hydraulics, HST External Line Group shows a filter and line although I can't say it applies to your unit.

Thanks Singlemalt, that looks like a good resource. I must be doing something wrong because I can't find the schematics. I find the CK parts manual that is for sale, but not the individual parts breakdown pages.

/ hydraulic filter connections - how? #4  
Go to the web site.
Click on We are Tractor parts. (2/3 down the page)
Then click Kioti tractor parts lower left and fill in the blanks for find parts by model number.

/ hydraulic filter connections - how? #5  
   / hydraulic filter connections - how? #6  
It is pretty hokey. I've replaced that hydro block at least twice. Make sure that everything is in good shape and lines up properly, the filter block usually breaks at the threads to the filter so the pipes aren't bent or anything but you want a good tight seal. Look at the O-ring condition and be sure there is no dirt or anything preventing the O-rings from doing their job.

A leak on those suction lines will introduce air into a high pressure hydraulic system which is no good.

Many thanks, to all. Now I see how it goes together. I won't be able to get to it until Thursday, but it doesn't look like it is going to be a bad job.

Thanks again!

Replaced it tonight, but was surprised by the fact that the o rings that I ordered, which were the correct part number by the parts catalog drawing, didn't fit. Fortunately, the old orings were in good condition so I was able to reuse them. Not something I like to do, but ....