Dk45 low transmission power

/ Dk45 low transmission power #11  
well, i had my remote lever stice once (before i installed a loop of hose) and it wouldnt even allow the engine to start,,,.. it just deadheaded the entire thing

/ Dk45 low transmission power #12  
What ended up being wrong with your tractor? Did you check the clutch as previously advised? Make sure you have free play in clutch pedal.

Tony

/ Dk45 low transmission power
I cannot find anything out of the ordinary...
1. My remote lever is fine.
2. My clutch engages as normal.
3. I'm not sure how to check if I have a sticking brake.
4. Fluids are good.

How big a job is it to put a clutch in?

/ Dk45 low transmission power #14  
It's hard to believe the clutch is gone already and yes, you have to split the tractor to install a new one. Pretty big job. I guess the easiest way to check the brakes would be to have the tractor moving (fast walk pace is fine) and press down each pedal separately. Watch you don't make a fast turn if you hit it really hard. The tractor should show a noticeable difference of slowing down if it's working and try to turn the tractor if you press hard enough. You could jack up the back and try to turn the wheels by hand. Mine are stiff to turn because of turning the gears etc., but they will turn. If the brake is locked up enough to bog the engine, then you won't move it by hand. Did you check the air and fuel filter as others suggested?

/ Dk45 low transmission power #15  
To check if the brakes are sticking, park on a slight incline.
Push in the clutch or put the transmission in neutral.
If the tractor coasts down the hill normally the brakes are not sticking.
If the tractor stays sitting there or drags hard like the parking brake is on = stuck brakes

/ Dk45 low transmission power #16  
Does the engine bog down when climbing the hill? If so it's unlikely to be the clutch.

BTI

/ Dk45 low transmission power #17  
Try not to assume it is anything in particular until you are certain of the cause and effect.
If you want to rule out the clutch put the tractor in a higher gear and apply the brakes while letting the clutch out. If the tractor stalls out then the clutch is not slipping; whereas if it does not stall then there could be a slipping clutch due to a leaking rear seal or something like a glazed clutch disk due to improper release of pressure on the disk when in use.

/ Dk45 low transmission power #19  
Neosastan said:
I cannot find anything out of the ordinary...
1. My remote lever is fine.
2. My clutch engages as normal.
3. I'm not sure how to check if I have a sticking brake.
4. Fluids are good.

How big a job is it to put a clutch in?

The clutch job is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Cab tractors are tough because of ac and heat and most important removal of cab. Rops tractors quick and easy.

To check brakes, chock wheels so as not to let tractor roll over you. Remove brake linkage under tractor. Take channel lock pliers and grab lever attached to brake. If you can move it, brakes are free. If you cannot they are stuck. Two fixes. Hardest is to pull tractor brakes out and fix. Easiest and can be done - spray lever with favorite penetrating lube. Work until levers free up. This does happen on occasion and will typically resolve itself with a couple of lubrications. No there is no grease fitting on this.

Call me if you need more help.

Tony

/ Dk45 low transmission power #20  
Is it a shuttle shift or hydrostatic tractor?

Hey Lloyd, maybe you missed it- the quote you quote from the OP states it is NOT a hydrostat trans?!

Hello OP, what's the status on the clutch test?